for sale: 89 FJ62 with blown engine (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FS: 1990 Champagne/Brown FJ62 in L.A., CA

I'm so aggravated, just typed out a whole posting went to preview it and everything got wiped, so now I'm typing out the summarized version.

I purchased this very clean FJ62 from the P.O. another forum member on here co-incidentally. It was in great shape when I got it. 159,000miles

Upon purchasing I went through the entire truck physically and cleaned what I could, pulled all the carpets and vacummed and scrubbed down to the sheet metal. I have gone through the entire truck and replaced every missing screw, nut, and bolt I could from TLC4x4 in Van Nuys, who was very friendly and helpful in my partial resto. of this vehicle.

I've been driving this truck as my daily driver for the past 3-4 months and have spent ALOT of money bringing everything up to great condition. TLC4x4 of Van Nuys performed a entire 3-day inspection of the vehicle and I have the 28 page report for the buyer. I have performed 90% of the suggested repairs including a new master cycl, new rear wheel cyc, new valve cover gasket, had valves adjusted and tuner, replaced rear brake short cable, new dist. cap and rotor, had timing reset, and adjusted, new fuel filter, new EGR gasket and had assemb. cleaned, new PVC valve/grommet and replaced some bypass hoses with OEM hoses. The only things that remain are possibly new Tie Rod Ends and Knuckle, and an oil pan.

I have also had Richard at K+A Imports of Canoga Park do some additional repairs including a new SOR steering stablizer, had all the power locks cleaned out, had everything checked out again.

When I purchased the OEM exhaust was shot and I had a professional performance exhaust shop custom fabricate the perfect exhaust system for this truck including all new piping, new ODBII cat and brand new muffler/tailpipe. I have pictures of the exhaust work as well.

I have placed local at what I know is high for $11,500 , I am going to be pretty neg. about the price, especially if a forum member is interested. I have all inspection paperwork and have set this up to be an awesome rig for someone who can make use of it.

It has a fairly new BDS Lift Kit with 33" tires, and all new brakes. Regarding the damage to the valence, the PO gave me another valence to replace the one which is in good shape, just needs to be painted and installed. The only other body damage is a 3" line on the FR fender, and I think I found some other little small things around the rear wheel fenders, nothing big. The vehicle has been on the West Coast from my research, has been in Sunny San Diego the past 2-3 years and has been very well taken care of.

Please feel free to input your comments and ask me any questions, I will try my best to answer them, the vehicle is located in Los Angeles, CA... would prefer a local pickup but not opposed to shipping it to the right buyer.

Full 40 Picture Galley Here.. Gallery

DSC00363.JPG

DSC00366.JPG

DSC00328.JPG

DSC00325.JPG

DSC00320.JPG

DSC00318.JPG

Last edited:
You might want to state the mileage, and take a closer shot of the Stuff magazine.

TJK

Kaderabek said:
You might want to state the mileage, and take a closer shot of the Stuff magazine.

TJK

Updated it in nice bold letters for you... I read them when I do my laundry, so sue me... :)

fawk i wish i was closer,thats what im lookin for a nov 78 cruiser for chaep.i was born in nov of 1978.why did i have to move away from seattle.ggrrrrrrrr
shawn

Nice cruiser there,
wondering if you could supply some bigger images ?

Still here

Now has 60,000 miles. Great MPG

Razor said:
Nice cruiser there,
wondering if you could supply some bigger images ?

I'll use my Canon EOS-1D MKII if you'd like... nice 14+ MegaPixel Images...

It's not my fault all of you people are on dial-up. I'm posting nice pictures for those who want them.

any offers ???

Photo added

bump

is the truck still for sell?
Simon

I had decided not to sell it back in July, but put an ad on the local craigslist last month, and had several people contact me about it this week. I had an offer and deposit on it tonight, transaction to be completed in two weeks. So it is tenatively sold, sorry. I'll post back on here if it falls through.

FJ55 1968 Euro spec

Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 55 1968. Stored since 1974 (that’s right 30 years), original paint, unique motif paint scheme, stylized pictures/murals on the panels, hood etc. Signed paintings with inscription that seem to indicate that it was painted in Kabul Afghanistan. Bought from Canadian gvt surplus sale. I understand it was imported and used in a museum exhibition in the early 1970s. Imported from Europe. Barn doors. Never seen salt/snow. Hardly driven, 34,000 km on odometer(can't confirm that it is original but it looks to be). Original 2F 6-cylinder, 4-speed. Running gear is in original condition. This truck is all original. A number of rubber type parts have been replaced, including 4 tires. Plated and on the road, safetied (Quebec). Runs great, seats like new. Pics on request or check out webshots user mgbchenier Price $11,000 usd. Truck located near Ottawa, Ontario Canada. Bj60toyota@hotmail.com

Photos at

http://community.webshots.com/user/mgbchenier

thanks for looking, Michel

shoot me some pics to jholmaas@hotmail.com. I looked at webshots and couldn't find the 55 pics, just the 83 bj42

if it has a 2f its not original to the 68, the 4 speed "might" be if it has only a high range t-case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom