for sale: 89 FJ62 with blown engine (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, what would you do about the paint? You get enough funny looks just driving an old cruiser--that one surely would get you some stares! But to cover that up, considering the truck's history, well. . . . .

Let me check my facts on the engine/tranny. I assumed it was a 2F, being a diesel cruiser person. I am helping the owner sell it, I don't own it. thanks

You may want to check the manufacture date on the tag, looking at those turn signals and a 2-f and 4 speed would lead me to believe that it is a 1974-1980 model. Does it have disk brakes in the front?

E

Thats not a 2F in the pics, thats the F 155hp motor.

i would say its a 74, no vent window, 4 speed, F motor, rectangualr turn lights and for SURE a non stock paint job! :D Heck I'd pimp it..........

actaully even if it was blue/white 2 tone the roof would have been blue as well, but being from the middle east painting it white makes sense.

neat rig for sure.

oddly every 55 I have seen even with a rusted out body has a nice frame.

and something I just came across, late model 55's had a bucket seat option.

disc brakes on a NON US cruiser wouldn't be a good way to tell, drums were used up thru the late 80's on some non US stuff, bigger and better drums however.

fj55 more info

thanks for the interest. The jury is stil out on the model year, will get to the bottom of it. The plate is hard to read and the truck did have any ownership papers. As far as the engine F engine 3878 cc. The transmission - 4 speed on the floor. TC Hi-Low 4wd no hubs at the wheels.

Michel

83 Bj42
97 Lx450

its a 74..........

might try checking the frame # agaist SOR chart but as its a non US 55 you might have to use the Russian chart........I forget what I did with that link. also can check the motor # at SOR
here is the link for the SOR charts
http://www.sor.com/faq.html

yeah its a neat 55 for sure......

mchenier said:
thanks for the interest. The jury is stil out on the model year, will get to the bottom of it. The plate is hard to read and the truck did have any ownership papers. As far as the engine F engine 3878 cc. The transmission - 4 speed on the floor. TC Hi-Low 4wd no hubs at the wheels.

Michel

83 Bj42
97 Lx450

74 fj40 and M-416 trailer

Ok, well I can't fawking believe I am doing this but here it goes.

For sale
Early 74 fj40, 3 speed floor shift, ford 302. Vehicle was a frame off about 8 years ago. There is no rot on this truck anymore. Rig is white with grey hard top. Tail gate was taken off and panel was welded in. Comes with soft top in good shape. Brakes were completely replaced a couple years ago. Drum all around. Good tires 31's, black rockcrawler rims, new warn hubs, Warn 9000i winch with hell for stout front bumper and winch plate. Winch is in perfect condition. Tuffy console, rear fold down seats are perfect (recovered a few years ago). Front seats are out of a VW jetta, very comfy. It's lifted with extended shackles, Rancho 5000 shocks. Rides good. No idea what was done to the suspension, it was like this when I bought it 8 years ago. Swing out rear tire carrier, new clutch master and slave was recently installed (old was leaking). Vehicle runs a little rough on start up but runs excellent once it's warmed up. Could use a tune up, but it's not critical. I drive it all the time. It's never left me stranded...ever. Custom gauges, miles on motor are unknown. Synthetic 10-30 is all I have ever run in it. All fluids are new. Front and rear diffs drip a tad at the drain plugs. New seals would probably stop this, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Other then that, no leaks that I know of. Tranny is solid, clutch feels good. 4 wheel drive in perfect working order. PO put the diamond plate on it. I have physical pictures of what is under it. It's not hiding rust, that I can assure you and I have the pics to prove it, they just aren't digital. I will try to get to a point to scan them but I don't own a scanner so this might be a pain in the ass.

Trailer is a 1967 M-416. Exterior was grinded and sprayed white (rattle can), looks good though. Rims appear to be stock to the trailer, sprayed black. New lights and 4 plug wiring harness. Plugs right into the 40. Pintle in good shape. Pintle hitch is bolted on rear of 40 with hangers welded to rear with D ring shakles for the chains. Very secure. Trailer has a black cover. Interior is a little rusty, nothing a sandblaster and some truck bed liner wouldn't fix. 2 days and a huge mess and it would be perfect. No serious rust on trailer, just surface crap in the bed. Shocks are new, tires are in OK shape.

Vehicle is located in Bellingham WA.
coolfj40_1812_220116157

More pics available upon request.

Asking $8500 for the whole package. I DO NOT want to sell this rig, I have to for financial reasons. I have 3 rigs, one of them has to go. Shoot me a PM or email fj40crusher@cs.com

IS the MG in the garage for sale? ;)

free bump... for tha man!

97 40th FS Columbus, OH

SOLD!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Sent you a PM...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom