Floor Treatment (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m not as worried about stick on and carpet on trucks like mine that are not being restored or that are kept dry inside.

I agree they were brutal on trucks over 40 years but most of the damage was done from neglect and ignorance.

I’m not as worried about stick on and carpet on trucks like mine that are not being restored or that are kept dry inside.

I agree they were brutal on trucks over 40 years but most of the damage was done from neglect and ignorance.

I agree, I put a layer of wool floor liner with vapor barrier and carpet in my 40 to deaden sound when I used it as a daily driver. That was 17 years ago. The carpet hasn't given me any issues and i wouldn't say the rust in that truck is any worse in the 17 years i have owned it. It's been driven in all kinds of weather, but I don't mud bog it and I always store indoors. One day I'm going to fix the minor rust issues in the 40 and I doubt I'll put the carpet back in, mainly because it's looking old and I don't daily drive it anymore. But, I might put it back in my 55 after the floor is treated.

I agree, I put a layer of wool floor liner with vapor barrier and carpet in my 40 to deaden sound when I used it as a daily driver. That was 17 years ago. The carpet hasn't given me any issues and i wouldn't say the rust in that truck is any worse in the 17 years i have owned it. It's been driven in all kinds of weather, but I don't mud bog it and I always store indoors. One day I'm going to fix the minor rust issues in the 40 and I doubt I'll put the carpet back in, mainly because it's looking old and I don't daily drive it anymore. But, I might put it back in my 55 after the floor is treated.

I literally have 3-4 layers on my Pig.

Stick on 8mm
A roll of thinsulate
1 or two rubber mats depending on the sector.

Heat and noise. Both suck.

I'm continually amazed and impressed at JMack's knowledge and input, not to mention mechanical skills. His aversion to a rooftop tent for Leslie, not so much.
I'm going in for an evaluation for possible knee replacements next week. Any ideas, Jim, on products and installation? Any time on your schedule?

Any ideas, Jim, on products and installation?
Jim,

I believe if you get rid of the rooftop tent and went back to a conventional tent the current knees would last a life time.

At your age the 7 trips a night to pee up and down that ladder is taking its toll.;)

I don't pee on the ladder. I wait until I'm down. At my age, it's arguably harder to get up off the ground than to climb up and down a ladder. But I plan on taking up kick boxing and to run another marathon post surgery.
What's your shop time like? When can I book my knee replacements?

"Perhaps a cot in a ground tent? "

Been there, done that...still have 'em (low profile ones from Cabelas) for when we're camping out of the old Porsche. Upside, no ladder to deal with. Downsides...no foam mattress, takes up interior room in the vehicle, and the up and down gymnastics. Set up is a wash.
Penthouse camping wins!

Probably time to end this threat hijack.

This is our most recent application of SEM Tintable liner. We put it over really good primer after sanding and cleaning. It’s pretty durable and cleans easily.

A1EAE053-B06B-40AC-A207-EB716BCBA29A.jpeg

E9B4157A-0D43-48DF-A9CF-2A9DC5E446F8.jpeg

205E8A51-7A4D-40DB-84FF-A951BFCF21B4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom