FJZ80 Strut Grill - Satoshi Grill Mod Style (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The answers to all of your questions are on the first page of this thread. All of that info is in the pictures...

Darasick- maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the information I need. Specifically:

2) The opening of the screen you need. If you want a duplicate of the attached pictures just measure the inside of opening, wall to wall.

3) The diameter of the wire.

4) What type of material you need: plain steel (hi-carbon) or stainless steel.

I'm looking to purchase exactly the same wire screen treerootCO used, and from the same source (The Western Group), so I figured he could let us know exactly what he ordered. If this information is obvious to you, it would be more helpful if you were to post it up.

Last edited:
It's all there in the tag photo. 30"x30", wire gauge, opening, high carbon, etc. Hell just email them this picture...

image.jpg

Darasick- thank you, sir! Not sure what's going on, but that photo is not showing up for me on the first page, but your attachment works just fine.

30x30, 9ga wire, 1/2" opening

For reference, I just ordered the same thing treerootco did through The Western Group and it cost me $50 + shipping today.

I went with the cheap easy route.
I cut out the original sombrero and replaced it with a 60 series Toyota emblem. I then sprayed the grill and light surrounds matte black.
20140426_170054.jpg

Google search GM supercharged emblem.

That's a nice touch. Usually IMHO, it's the small things like that which really bring out the character.

I am glad you got it sorted out. post up pics of your build. The color was a platinum to match the powder coat. I took in a sample and they matched it.

Lumbee that's awesome! I'm waiting for bhicks to make some of his emblems so mine can look like that too.

I spoke to Amanda at the Western Group in Co that sold the woven mesh to TreerootCo. You can save money if you buy 3 pieces. They will cut them 11 x 30 in the diamond pattern. Buying 3 brings the price down to $48.63 per grill plus shipping. I have 3 coming my way if anybody in the DC area is interested. Or call Amanda 303-371-4160 reference Lou Brown and that you are making a grill for the Land Cruiser. I sent her pictures of the grill in a attempt to have them cut the exact grill shape but they declined.

Lou

I'm definitely interested, even just to have the material and build it later. I am at Quantico every week - maybe I can take a lunch and drive up to Axda - or meet halfway?

I'm definitely interested, even just to have the material and build it later. I am at Quantico every week - maybe I can take a lunch and drive up to Axda - or meet halfway?

I'll PM you when they arrive...

Duct tape. Seriously, there are probably a dozen ways. It just depends if you want it to look like a patch job or if you want it to look good. If good, then you need to do either plastic or body filling techniques. If you want to go quick and easy that may be ok, you might try JB weld.

I know this is old but I wanted to thank treeroot for the write up. It's just what I was looking for - I love the wire mesh grill look. My existing grill has a crack in it but I'm hoping I can bondo/repair mine while I'm doing the work.

Don't click the first link in the first post!!!!

It links to naughty pictures....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom