Winter grill cover? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use carboard behind the grill on my wife's vehicle (diesel - not a LC), install it in the fall, take it out in the spring. It doesn't fully block the radiator, but blocks quite a bit of it.
But I like the plastic core flute idea, I think that's a great use for a political yard sign (no matter who you vote for).

If you do place cardboard or a custom made cover, make sure it has a circle in the center and that circle is centered on your fan.

If not, the change in airflow will cause your fan blades to flex with every rotation and can cause early failure of your fan. That can lead to a leaking radiator.

If you do place cardboard or a custom made cover, make sure it has a circle in the center and that circle is centered on your fan.

If not, the change in airflow will cause your fan blades to flex with every rotation and can cause early failure of your fan. That can lead to a leaking radiator.
Thanks for the heads up on that, didn’t think of that, I run dual electric fans so I’ll plan that

Try the 80 series in Canada Facebook pages. Majority is Japan spec diesel 80’s.
There is always someone parting one out.

Where exactly is the temperature sensor? Below the thermostat is a little vague. Have you tried taking a reading post thermostat before it goes into the upper intake?

Where exactly is the temperature sensor? Below the thermostat is a little vague. Have you tried taking a reading post thermostat before it goes into the upper intake?
It’s the single port just below the thermostat and thermostat neck on the forward part of the intake manifold. Right above the water pump. Trust me temps are correct, I know it sounds crazy that it runs that cool but it’s only when I’m barely cruising on the highway, the second I hit a hill or grab passing gear it jumps back up into the 180’s for a while before settling back down. The cover isn’t for permanent use just getting ready for winter since I plan on being out in the worst of weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom