FJ80 with 1HD turbo diesel conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Starting a conversion with a front clip from Marv at Spector
dscn1254.jpg

Last edited:
Picture of clip prior to pulling above motor out
dscn1253.jpg
dscn1252.jpg

Nice!

Looking forward to seeing/reading the rest of the project/write-up!

Mot

Good luck with it
Where was the donor car from

Bad Ass

Can't wait to see how she turns out, and how you get her through CA registration.... Please share.

-Matt

Hey Ammo.... Is your Avitar from Miller? I think I might of met you before on Miller. Yeah I will post pictures of progress. Half clip came from Marv at Spector.

Curious1--I find myself green with envy. This is exactly what I'd love to do with my '93...

I'm curious, though, about how much that front clip ran you. I realize it's impolite to ask, but I have to... ;)

curious1 said:
Hey Ammo.... Is your Avitar from Miller? I think I might of met you before on Miller. Yeah I will post pictures of progress. Half clip came from Marv at Spector.

Yup, that's Miller. What were you in when we met (rig)? I can't tell you how much I envy, expect PM's for the low down the dirt...

-Matt

AMMO said:
Yup, that's Miller. What were you in when we met (rig)? I can't tell you how much I envy, expect PM's for the low down the dirt...

-Matt

I think you showed up to our night run. He was in the 82 PU. I have a 92 Flatbed that was on the run.

RokCrawlinToy said:
I think you showed up to our night run. He was in the 82 PU. I have a 92 Flatbed that was on the run.

Hey I remember you guys, the 82 had to take a nap half way through the run... And man o man was that a LONG run...

I'll PM ya we may have somthing doing this weekend.

-Matt

Matt, maybe we can get a price break by buying two of these setups at once :hillbilly

Curious1, what year is the clip from Japan? Any reason you didn't go with the
1-HD-FTE?

I'm interested in the CA emissions methods too.

Great stuff though :beer:

clownmidget I'm interested in the CA emissions methods too. Great stuff though :beer:[/QUOTE said:
No emissions on diesel!!!!!!!!! Prob is that the truck is reg as gas, VIN says gas, so you must rereg as diesel and thus bypass smog forever!

-Matt

clownmidget said:
Any reason you didn't go with the
1-HD-FTE?

Maybe a bit cheaper and less complicated to do that transplant?

Just a guess.

Mot

O.k. I just got back from two weeks in Mammoth.

The half clip came from Marv at Spector Off Road and was purchased for $8000.00 at the time. He sells just the parts that are needed for the conversion to the best of my knowledge. I say this because I am the one doing the installation for a mutual customer. Marv later comes and gets the left overs from the half cuts from me. It is so cool, because you get the Motor, tranny, mounts, intake, harness, tach, turbo lights, shifter, front driveshaft, exhaust manifold and flange, relays, p.s. lines, alternator, a.c., condensor and front grill with "Turbo" emblem.

You will not find them on their web site. You have to speak to Marv personally. Just before I was going on vacation he told me he was getting 3 more 80 series diesels in January. He also said they were going to have five speeds behind them!!!!!! This needs to be confirmed. He also said he has a long list of buyers.

Yes it is going into a California car, but will not be emmissions legal. It is an "off road only" vehicle.

curious1 said:
Yes it is going into a California car, but will not be emmissions legal. It is an "off road only" vehicle.

2 questions ..

1. I can swap a diesel engine in a gas car ( US spec emisions OK ) and no more problems with emisions . ?

2. I can import an HDJ-80 to US to do only off road vehicle .. ( no matter what year or spec it have )

Hola David,

Si es legal poner un motor diesel en un carro que tenia un motor de gasolina. El motor de diesel tienne que salir de un carro que ya excestia en los estados unidos. Si el motor de diesel no excestia en los estados unidos, no es legal. Este carro no va ser legal.

curious1 said:
Hola David,

Si es legal poner un motor diesel en un carro que tenia un motor de gasolina. El motor de diesel tienne que salir de un carro que ya excestia en los estados unidos. Si el motor de diesel no excestia en los estados unidos, no es legal. Este carro no va ser legal.

Hey...:eek: :flipoff2:

curious1 said:
Hola David,

:doh: :) HaHaHa

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom