FJ80 vs FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Get whatever floats your boat. I swear I am done with this debate....
I would never touch a 1FZ-FE now that i have owned a 3FE for almost 8 yrs now.
But i am not your normal JOE and HG is not my cup of tea i want to do PM on.

If you wanna go a step above the fj80 and fzj80 move up to the LX-450..way more power, killer gas mileage, lighter, there’s no head gasket, and it’s Toyota’s flagship princess …it makes one feel empowered and smarter to have the best of the lineups..😉

If you wanna go a step above the fj80 and fzj80 move up to the LX-450..way more power, killer gas mileage, lighter, there’s no head gasket, and it’s Toyota’s flagship princess …it makes one feel empowered and smarter to have the best of the lineups..😉
Def the illest... “Lexus LX four and a half / bulletproof glass tint case I want some 🍑

-Philosopher Notorious

I am sure in a few years all those claddings will be NLA and ppl will be asking for a kidney in return for them, but on the brighter note, all those extra holes on your sheet metal leftover might be a weight savings...lol

Get whatever floats your boat. I swear I am done with this debate....
I would never touch a 1FZ-FE now that i have owned a 3FE for almost 8 yrs now.
But i am not your normal JOE and HG is not my cup of tea i want to do PM on.
🤪
I am sure in a few years all those claddings will be NLA and ppl will be asking for a kidney in return for them, but on the brighter note, all those extra holes on your sheet metal leftover might be a weight savings...lol
But But But
you just said you were done.
Impossible your always the first to jump on the bandwagon.
And the LX 450 post was in complete humor.
None of us are normal Joe’s or we wouldn’t be posting in this stupid thread🤪😂😆

Can’t wait to go wheeling with you and the cute cattle dog some day.

The Best cruiser ever is the one you own.

Cheers

🤪

But But But
you just said you were done.
Impossible your always the first to jump on the bandwagon.
And the LX 450 post was in complete humor.
None of us are normal Joe’s or we wouldn’t be posting in this stupid thread🤪😂😆

Can’t wait to go wheeling with you and the cute cattle dog some day.

The Best cruiser ever is the one you own.

Cheers
I am really done for real. You are in Morro Bay right, that's only a couple hrs away from LA.
I swear I get worked up over stupid posts on MUD and I don't even stress at work...

I am really done for real. You are in Morro Bay right, that's only a couple hrs away from LA.
I swear I get worked up over stupid posts on MUD and I don't even stress at work...
Yep just a few hours away, shoot me a PM always looking to get out on the trail.
Small group of us will be in JV veterans day weekend if you don’t already have plans 😉

I actually like my 93 over my LX450, even though LX is in way better shape and only has 86k. The reason: The dash. Can’t stand the newer dash.

At this point why not import an 80 series with the 1HD-FT?
Great response! But i would like to add the cast iron block and head heat and cool at the same expansion rate, fzj is alum and iron = dissimilar metals. Every time i turn my fzj on and off my ahole puckers, because i know that im much closer to blowing my HG. For the 3fe carry an extra 20’ of vacuum hose and it will take you to south America and back. Just not that fast and your wallet will be a lot lighter.

Bring MAF cleaner on the road for both thou. On the fj for opening up the throttle body vacuum intake ports and fzj for cleaning the MAF sensor.

For the 3fe, upgrade the drive flange to the fzj, go into low, put on air lockers, a winch, carry boards, keep your tires smallish (i know im gonna get s*** for this one) and ur fine

I once heard that the 10 best toyota engineers worked on the land cruiser, so it was able to operate in Third World countries with minimal maintenance and with the small OEM tires it would lose traction before It broke something in the drive line.

One last thing, if u want to pass smog on a 3fe take off the negative battery cable 1 mile before the shop and reset the time on the clock. Dont ask me how i know…..gotta love the paperclip!!! No computer port to connect to.
I often wonder why Toyota didn’t use an aluminium block to prevent this issue..

I actually like my 93 over my LX450, even though LX is in way better shape and only has 86k. The reason: The dash. Can’t stand the newer dash.
Lol beauty beholder. I can’t stand the Camry dash. You have a tough world class 4x4 and then they port over this swoopy ufo looking thing that belongs in a Ford Taurus.

The G, defender all have a similar blocky, functional dash design which is why T improved the interior breed.

only thing I like about the 3fe is the steering wheel over the bagged.

Lol beauty beholder. I can’t stand the Camry dash. You have a tough world class 4x4 and then they port over this swoopy ufo looking thing that belongs in a Ford Taurus.

The G, defender all have a similar blocky, functional dash design which is why T improved the interior breed.

only thing I like about the 3fe is the steering wheel over the bagged.
😂😂. See, I think the opposite. Every time I get in the LX I expect it to smell like an old, and expect some cranky old boomer lawyer to thank me for valeting his vehicle. It’s the dash and the brown color that don’t do it for me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder

ten_with_a_two.jpg

Dear Road Apple

My God! What a comprehensive response! Thank you and to all who replied to this post. Lots of great Point of Views. All you guys are fantastic!

Al G

Road Apple forgot to mention that detail. Indeed, the dashes change in '95, right? I much prefer the later dash in the 80 series. Similar to the 60 vs. 62, the later dash is better IMO.

Meanwhile, it appears that the OP was done with this thread on Monday. :)

Road Apple forgot to mention that detail. Indeed, the dashes change in '95, right? I much prefer the later dash in the 80 series. Similar to the 60 vs. 62, the later dash is better IMO.

Meanwhile, it appears that the OP was done with this thread on Monday. :)
Yeah he’s out. But we’ll all take any opportunity to jabber.

That why there so many make models and colors we’re all individuals that have different tastes.
I prefer the early dash 😂

Dropped sleeves like Land Rover😥
Well engines like the 1UZ and 1GR have Al blocks and they don't give anything up on the 1FZ in terms of reliability. I get that cast iron blocks are stronger, but that's only a factor under high boost. So I wonder why they insisted on keeping the iron block when switching to Al heads, knowing the dissimilar expansions could cause HG issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom