FJ62 3rd Row Seating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was thinking the tube and hinges off a collapsible metal chair Would be perfect. Add a little plywood/foam/upholstery and your in business

Nice, thats the setup I’m going for.
TJ as in the mini van? I just google’d it.
TJ as the Jeep Wrangler, they’ve made a bunch of models with the fold and tumble

Probably the simplest idea to execute too aside from the unobtainium troop seats

Yeti nailed it. I dug around and found the picture I was thinking of. I remember being told the butterfly stickers are optional.

IMG_1871.JPG

I was lucky enough to find one with 3rd row seats, but had to expand my search no only south of NY, but all-away to South America. LOL

have a new in box 3rd row seat for an FJ 60 from Iron Pig Off Road; have one installed in our other FJ 60 for last 20 years kids loved it when they were small and would make "goofy faces" to approaching vehicles.........:rolleyes:; hopefully just goofy ;)never got around to installing it in the red FJ 60; kids are grown and mostly gone prob best for it to go to a good home send me a PM if interested..........

The 60 series 3rd row are lower than the 75 series troopy seats. But if you could cut a few inches out and weld them back together you might have a decent solution.
The 3rd row seats were never very popular in oz. They would get taken out, stored in someones shed and when the cruiser was sold , they would be left in the shed. And eventually get thrown out.

ABFBD778-B20C-413D-BAF2-FF6467DD6F82.jpeg
34D4038E-409B-49AE-8CC8-BBDECC0F6849.jpeg

i used a couple rows of air line L track and heavy duty connectors. then built a steel frame and bolted a best top seat to it. i did a 5000km road trip with it and my family last year. my kids loved it. seat belts from seat belt planet. i am 6 foot 2 and can sit in it with all the door closed but my head just touches the roof and my legs would likely cramp in about 10 min so it’s definitely a mod for my kids. ill use the tie downs though when the seat is taken out so it was worth the effort installing them

Tor put a third row + seatbelts in mine. Pretty sure the seat is just a rear seat from a Jeep. I’ve got 5 kids and we pile everyone in all the time. The seat folds and tumbles forward when not in use and I can remove it easily when I want. I’ll get some more pics tomorrow if interested

4CB23A4A-E89E-42E3-9078-9980BD113446.jpeg

Tor put a third row + seatbelts in mine. Pretty sure the seat is just a rear seat from a Jeep. I’ve got 5 kids and we pile everyone in all the time. The seat folds and tumbles forward when not in use and I can remove it easily when I want. I’ll get some more pics tomorrow if interested

View attachment 2394154
Hi there,, I'm interested in seeing some more photos of your 3rd row set up if you're able. Thanks,,

Hi there,, I'm interested in seeing some more photos of your 3rd row set up if you're able. Thanks,,
Hey! The truck is in the shop at the moment. Doing an LS swap because hauling around 5 kids and all our gear was getting to be problematic. I’ll get some photos as soon as I get the truck back though

I bought a custom unit from a company that went out of business (Little Passenger Seats). The seat is not DOT approved and there appears to be some litigation around the issue. From what I can tell, it's solidly made, but who knows. I believe they may have falsely claimed DOT approval. I never installed it and it's sitting in my basement. Happy to sell it. We have a DD with a third row and I decided I didn't need the hassle when I wanted full cargo space. I'll post pics this weekend.

I bought a custom unit from a company that went out of business (Little Passenger Seats). The seat is not DOT approved and there appears to be some litigation around the issue. From what I can tell, it's solidly made, but who knows. I believe they may have falsely claimed DOT approval. I never installed it and it's sitting in my basement. Happy to sell it. We have a DD with a third row and I decided I didn't need the hassle when I wanted full cargo space. I'll post pics this weekend.
I’m a buyer for that seat if you can get pics posted. Also PM me if you would like.

We've also fab'd in some rear jump seats using troopy seats. While we dont recommend this approach for street use due to safety, side impact, etc. But client really wanted them so that all of his family could ride around on the farm. Here's what we ended up with:

FJ62_3rd_row_seats_troopy_070621_heritage_cruisers.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom