Just a little introduction... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been looking for an fj60 for the past 2 years, I live in NY, and we have very slim pickings. I extended my search to the tri-state area with no luck. I expanded my search to the entire East coast but was still unable to find one that I liked. Last April I found one in South America. A 1986 fj62 with round front lights, 3f engine carburated, H55F, 3-row seats, and rear split windows, high roof, and dual ac/heat. Best of all, NO RUST.

received_10216730479841153.jpeg

received_10216730241195187.jpeg

received_10216730241275189.jpeg

received_10215202545633333.jpeg

received_10216730241395192.jpeg

Yes, I did, I am having some work done and will be in the USA by 2024

Last edited:
cool truck! How did the south america market get power windows and locks before the US market?
My 86 Nissan pick up had power windows and locks, its odd Toyota didn't have them in the LC.

So just a 3F, not a 3FE? Interesting. After watching Narcos a few times, I'm obsessed with the 60s down in SA. I can't imagine having to stare at photos of my 60 and not get to drive it. Pure. Torture.

cool truck! How did the south america market get power windows and locks before the US market?
My 86 Nissan pick up had power windows and locks, its odd Toyota didn't have them in the LC.
this model is a GX fj62, a package that includes the power windows/doors dual ac and 3 rows of seats

So just a 3F, not a 3FE? Interesting. After watching Narcos a few times, I'm obsessed with the 60s down in SA. I can't imagine having to stare at photos of my 60 and not get to drive it. Pure. Torture.
Yes is a 3F carbureted, it is hard to wait until the summer time to enjoy it for 2 weeks at a time in Ecuador. Since it has 32 inch tires, the gears will be changed next week from 4:10 to 4:56, also the body bushings will also be replaced at the same time. I was lucky that family members from S.A. visited me over the holidays. They brought back OME shocks, body bushings, gears and many other parts. Trying to find parts for this particular LC has been easy since I found out about megazip.

Wow that is a great truck. Congratulations! I would love a high roof model. You are going to enjoy it. Go drive it through the Andes before you go through the wonderful import process to the USA.

Good stuff, man! Your truck looks great,

H55 is on my list!

It seams " Everybody " is adding a FJ62 to there collection lately , especially Rust-Free ones from the

upper Mid-West ..

iv been talking to a fellow that was so wow'd by the Jay Leno's Garage FJ62 Episode , he rolled right out and

.bought one right away .

I have to admit , i watched you tube video several times now and wan't one really bad myself now too ...

this Video is 95% TECH. IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom