FJ62 3rd Pedal (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gimme a 60

I Forgot About the Women!
SILVER Star
Threads
Hi,

My FJ62 now has a H55F installed in it, I’m close to getting the truck running, however I need to mount the clutch pedal!

Because the FJ62 wasn’t designed for a clutch, and doesn’t have the factory mount, how do you install the pedal? Do you just weld up a small plate to throw in there? Or is there a Toyota part you can buy? What’s the easiest way to do this!

I can see on my BJ60 it has the full assembly, the 62 has half. Too bad I can’t cut it out.

Thanks.

2C5F1EB1-0A66-4D2C-9775-A405014F3A99.jpeg

7BBDA0AB-DD54-4C1F-9A86-9E0749E8C12E.jpeg

Sorry it's dark here now but happy to get a pic of my factory manual transmission FJ62 in the morning if it helps.

you need a pedal assembly from a 60 series, the dash needs to be taken apart for the removal and install
you will need to cut a hole in the firewall in the correct area for the clutch master

If the BJ60 donor is pre-85 cut the clutch pedal mount off the bracket and weld it to the 62 bucket.

You may have found this already OP, but a good thread with plenty of info on doing this type of thing:

Might want to have a romp around in there for deets on how he did this. HTH

If the BJ60 donor is pre-85 cut the clutch pedal mount off the bracket and weld it to the 62 bucket.

How am I supposed to cut it out? There isn’t much space?

You have to remove the pedal bucket.

Just reading about it now, I would just remove the pedal bucked and swap them.

I already have most of my dashboard apart.

Do I have to drill out any spot welds on the ordeal bucket?

what year is your BJ60 donor? It's 80-84, right? If so you won't want to simply swap then in that case. When you remove them you will see why

what year is your BJ60 donor? It's 80-84, right? If so you won't want to simply swap then in that case. When you remove them you will see why

Yes it’s a 84.

Why wouldn’t I want to swap it in?

Yes it’s a 84.

Why wouldn’t I want to swap it in?

Re-read please. You will see when you put them side by side. The clutch master bolt pattern is different from what is pre-stamped on your firewall

Drill the spot welds on the clutch pedal bracket from your 84 bucket and weld it to your FJ62 bucket.

I used a whole 80-84 bucket in my FJ62 when I was 17 and it was a nightmare. Don't do that. I've done a ton of these since then and either use the 85-87 bucket or modify the automatic bucket.

Re-read please. You will see when you put them side by side. The clutch master bolt pattern is different from what is pre-stamped on your firewall

Drill the spot welds on the clutch pedal bracket from your 84 bucket and weld it to your FJ62 bucket.

I used a whole 80-84 bucket in my FJ62 when I was 17 and it was a nightmare. Don't do that. I've done a ton of these since then and either use the 85-87 bucket or modify the automatic bucket.

That’s the only difference? The bolt pattern for the master? Doesn’t seem too bad.

Would that explain why my BJ60 has some what looks like custom drilled holes? Possibly the buckets were swapped? The bolts don’t look like they are where they should be.

43F53350-CC83-4A32-A854-38D1F2EC40E2.jpeg

yes It lo0ks like someone may have have installed a 85-up version master cylinder.

It is really a lot easier to drill the spot welds and swap the clutch holder over to your bucket. Just my experience having done this about a dozen times

yes It lo0ks like someone may have have installed a 85-up version master cylinder.

It is really a lot easier to drill the spot welds and swap the clutch holder over to your bucket. Just my experience having done this about a dozen times

Are there any other differences other than the bolt holes for the clutch? Because I’m trying to swap them over and they don’t fit right.

Are there any other differences other than the bolt holes for the clutch? Because I’m trying to swap them over and they don’t fit right.

Post pictures of what your issue is.

Please be aware that the steering column is designed to collapse in an impact. It is mounted with sliding fasteners. Use the FSM to properly torque those 2 bolts so you preserve that limited crash protection.

I didn't disassemble the dash. I used an early 80's bucket and matching clutch master. Drilled the spot welds off the top clutch bucket portion of the donor part and mounted it up to the FJ62 with bolts (took that idea from this thread). Yeah my clutch master bolt pattern is slightly different from the FJ62 back plate, but both bolts still catch the pedal assembly back plate... kinda the opposite orientation of what you've got going on there in your second pic... nobody will see it unless they're mashed up under the steering wheel.

I didn't disassemble the dash. I used an early 80's bucket and matching clutch master. Drilled the spot welds off the top clutch bucket portion of the donor part and mounted it up to the FJ62 with bolts (took that idea from this thread). Yeah my clutch master bolt pattern is slightly different from the FJ62 back plate, but both bolts still catch the pedal assembly back plate... kinda the opposite orientation of what you've got going on there in your second pic... nobody will see it unless they're mashed up under the steering wheel.

If you re-used the 62 bucket why wouldn't you just get the later MC that matches the stampings on the firewall?

Yeah but that is terrible advice to give to someone who already doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Not really a good reason to do that over buying a correct $40 MC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom