1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FJ60 Door Refresh

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by John Staton, Nov 22, 2017.

1. g-man

g-man SILVER Star

2. John Staton

John Staton

I have a couple of questions and maybe someone following this thread can answer

1. when my passenger side window is down and you shout the door it clunks a few times like some assembly is loose. Does not do it on my other doors. Wondering what this could be as I want to preorder the part before I teardown.

2. I have seen replacement weatherstripping for doors...the one that is on the inside of the window I think is attached to a chrome strip. Do they sell the replacement piece that also has the chrome strip or is that two different pieces?

3. gregnash

gregnash Anal Retentive Analyst SILVER Star

Chrome piece is NLA, most have been upgrading to the 70s rubber wiper as it fits just about perfectly.

As for the door clunking around, you need to pull the panel and take a look. When the window is down it is still in the window channels, or at least should be. Maybe a channel has come loose and is rattling becuase the window is down or it could be that the window is not aligned properly and thus coming out of the run.