System Refresh (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks @Spike Strip . Do you or @OSS remember which ebay EGR modulator works for the FJ60. I can find one that references "land cruiser" but the vehicle application starts with 1988 (FJ62). However there are other applicable Toyota models listed prior to 1988, but not the land cruiser.

On my newest modulator I think the filter is clogged, so are there any suggestions what to replace that with?
It’s the Toyota EGR modulator that’s used on the FZJ80 engine. It’s dimensionally the same as the FJ60 modulator but the pipes are oriented differently. No biggie. Works perfectly.

0301C13A-0513-43A4-B5B9-872B0557ED9B.jpeg
AE7F4D20-EEC3-4928-8B61-5B063C260CF6.jpeg

I bought a SMP VS121 as a backup replacement, but haven't used it yet to see if it functions correctly. My understanding is they're the same as long as the nipples are labeled the same. IIRC, these are for 90s Toyotas. Rockauto. $20

VS121_Front.jpg

Reactions: OSS
Thanks, Guys. I purchased one of these ebay clones just to see. I have two toyota ones (25870-61011) but I'm a little confused whether they are working or not. When I try the test below, I get some confusing results. Also when I connect port R to intake manifold vacuum, the output vacuum to the EGR valve never gets "high".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom