FJ60 Bumper options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's my opinion, but the rear bumper is far more important investment than the front. The 60 looks great with a minimal bumper in the front but the stock front recovery hook is useful and iconic.

If you choose to remove it, replace it with something frame mounted and preferably can accommodate soft shackles.

If you don't do winch mount, consider a receiver hitch.

The bull bar, if you choose, should deflect branches but don't expect an aesthetic design that will save your sheet metal in a collision.

There is something to be said about how tough it looks and you are driving a bad-ass 60.
Cheers!

It's my opinion, but the rear bumper is far more important investment than the front. The 60 looks great with a minimal bumper in the front but the stock front recovery hook is useful and iconic.

If you choose to remove it, replace it with something frame mounted and preferably can accommodate soft shackles.

If you don't do winch mount, consider a receiver hitch.

The bull bar, if you choose, should deflect branches but don't expect an aesthetic design that will save your sheet metal in a collision.

There is something to be said about how tough it looks and you are driving a bad-ass 60.
Cheers!
A good bull bar should deflect more than branches. We didn't call ours the "kingdom bumper" until the movie studio bought six for the movie "The Kingdom" with
Jennifer Garner and jamie Foxx. Here's a few stills of them crashing a 60 with our bull bar, through a brick wall and t-boning another 60

i111952.jpg

landcruiser5om8.8703.jpg

thekingdom42ri2.141.jpg

thekingdom45bk5.3921.jpg

thekingdom222ku6.7021.jpg

toylc010416sg0.4725.jpg

I would respectfully have to disagree with you on that statement. A front bumper takes more of the "essential" work on a rig, winching, recovery attachment points, collision protection (Cars, Animals, and Trees), whereas a rear bumper is more of an accessory piece. Rear bumpers can be incredibly useful if outfitted correctly and can look badass doing so, however a lot of the functions of a rear bumper can be replaced using other accessories, whereas a good front bumper is irreplaceable. Without a stout front bumper you cannot have a winch, recovery and tow points or front protection.

I would respectfully have to disagree with you on that statement. A front bumper takes more of the "essential" work on a rig, winching, recovery attachment points, collision protection (Cars, Animals, and Trees), whereas a rear bumper is more of an accessory piece. Rear bumpers can be incredibly useful if outfitted correctly and can look badass doing so, however a lot of the functions of a rear bumper can be replaced using other accessories, whereas a good front bumper is irreplaceable. Without a stout front bumper you cannot have a winch, recovery and tow points or front protection.
...so no 60 is really complete without both. I was rear ended in rush hour phx, in my 60, by a lady in an Escape. She got towed , my powdercoat got scratched. She was
probably only going 5 or 10 mph when she hit me but her front bumper didn't help her much

...so no 60 is really complete without both. I was rear ended in rush hour phx, in my 60, by a lady in an Escape. She got towed , my powdercoat got scratched. She was
probably only going 5 or 10 mph when she hit me but her front bumper didn't help her much
I would agree it is heavily preferable to have both, and sliders, but I would start with a front bumper before a rear. I slid on ice in the snow last winter and crunched in my front passenger corner going like 10 mph because I had no front protection, but what's another scar on a wheeling rig.

ARB fronts... = what someone will pay for one new or used. Otherwise, scrap value, I won't even try and resale a take off in the customs shop. Seen too many wings buckle after a hit or cracked welds on the bars.

Between yours and mine there isn't anything stronger IMO.

J
"You will pay for your education no matter what" ~i forget

A good bull bar should deflect more than branches. We didn't call ours the "kingdom bumper" until the movie studio bought six for the movie "The Kingdom" with
Jennifer Garner and jamie Foxx. Here's a few stills of them crashing a 60 with our bull bar, through a brick wall and t-boning another 60

View attachment 3343467

View attachment 3343468

View attachment 3343469

View attachment 3343470

View attachment 3343471

View attachment 3343472
Thank you. I think you expressed what I wanted to say better. You understand. Anybody wanna almost new ARB? 😄

View attachment 3343467

View attachment 3343468

View attachment 3343469

View attachment 3343470

View attachment 3343471

View attachment 3343472

That movie was great for the sheer amount of LCs crashing into s***, Dave.

So cool to know you provided the support for those scene builds.

**** yeah!!🤘🤘

State law won't allow it, but I'd like railroad spikes and saw blades welded on...
And a winch cable puller that looks like a dog's tongue.

View attachment 3343467

View attachment 3343468

View attachment 3343469

View attachment 3343470

View attachment 3343471

View attachment 3343472
but, but, jennifer garner's bumpers look better than those. how come you don't have pics of them???? :grinpimp: :grinpimp:

f*** yeah!!🤘🤘
It was convenient that they shot a lot of the scenes on the 101 in phx just before the new highway was open. They did all the mods on the trucks at Gateway airport in Mesa
so I got to drop them off personally. the stunt coordinator who was going to be in the 60 that was t-boned was expecting a lighter built bumper. When he saw the construction he had the fab crew reinforce the passenger side of the interior cage with stock car style door bars.

Dissent offroad also has a sale on their bumper - but its $1700 after tax, title and fee.

f*** yeah!!🤘🤘
The bumper that crashed through the wall was still in circulation. The trucks and bumpers went up for sale after the movie. Tim Hill had picked up a couple of them.
Dings and scratches but intact. Those were the second gen, same as I build today, 3/16 channels and wings with 1/2" plate mounts. I still have a first gen on mine
that was made with 1/4" plate rather than 3/16. The 3/16 version weighs about 100 lbs , my 1/4 version weighs about 10 extra lbs. A lot of bumpers are made with 10 gauge wings . 3/16 vs 10 gauge should have 30~40% more bend resistance

The bumper that crashed through the wall was still in circulation. The trucks and bumpers went up for sale after the movie. Tim Hill had picked up a couple of them.
Dings and scratches but intact. Those were the second gen, same as I build today, 3/16 channels and wings with 1/2" plate mounts. I still have a first gen on mine
that was made with 1/4" plate rather than 3/16. The 3/16 version weighs about 100 lbs , my 1/4 version weighs about 10 extra lbs. A lot of bumpers are made with 10 gauge wings . 3/16 vs 10 gauge should have 30~40% more bend resistance
So are the “Kingdom” bumpers no longer offered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom