Fj55 4spd V8 conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm sure this has been asked a million time but in bit of a pickle with my 75 fj55. Bought the AA v8 conversion kit (not the Marks) over a year ago. Started to put together but find the 350 seems to sit too low. Has anyone dealt with this and if so what was done to fix it. It seems to me I need to cut into the firewall to be able to bring it up so I can actually weld in the mounts. Any help would be greatly appreciated and pictures even more of a help
Thanks in advance

I found some pics. I know nothing about it. I used the search in the fj55 iron pig society section. I used. Pig sbc The thread was titled something like . luck of the pig. I'm sure there's more threads out there.
56B024CB-6E45-4A2E-BDC2-C3329609AFFE.jpeg
D4C1C5DA-F5D0-4F5E-ACEB-C3019F3F77CD.jpeg

Ideal location for any motor swap, regardless of vehicle or engine type, is dictated by getting as close to the center of the radiator with the fan as possible. Some lateral movement left or right is acceptable but you will always want the fan as close to the middle of the radiator on the vertical plain as possible. This will make fabricating a proper fan shroud much simpler.
The rest of the drive train can be placed in line with the front part of the motor. Keep in mind the location of the harmonic balancer above your front differential, especially on a non to mildly lifted vehicle.
I always factor in the cooling effects of engine placement when doing a swap of any kind. All the mechanical things can be manipulated to work properly but cooling is either correct or not correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom