Builds FJ45SWB recovered from a barn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I took all of them: 40, 45, 40 trailer; out in the mud today when it warmed up enough to unfreeze. Got a bunch of sticky brown mud on the tires and undercarriage.
They're chilling on the back porch to get the mud to set, then I get to eat them, muddy tires and all. That's if the guard dog doesn't get them first.
IMG_20201229_210009246.jpg

I took all of them: 40, 45, 40 trailer; out in the mud today when it warmed up enough to unfreeze. Got a bunch of sticky brown mud on the tires and undercarriage.
They're chilling on the back porch to get the mud to set, then I get to eat them, muddy tires and all. That's if the guard dog doesn't get them first.View attachment 2538817
I don't think I'd turn my back on that "guard dog" for a second around those cookies. He'll "keep them safe" in his belly if you do...

@CHUOX17A Nice work on the cookies! Where did you get the cookie cutter?

Nick

Looking good.
Which town has powdercoating? Last I had some stuff done, it had to go up to Columbus. A reasonably priced shop in Logan or Nelsonville would be equally (in) convenient for me.

Good things happening for Canaima. Really happy with how they fit and look. I was thinking about painting them grey to match the oem look but I will leave the way they came. Thanks @hyhpe for letting me know about this and @TheNeek for making this puppies
image.jpg

image.jpg

Big thanks to @hyhpe for wiper motors. Got them a while back and installed them right away. But I couldn’t make them work because they sit on the middle of the windshield frame instead of hanging low like the one I had. So I had to extend the wiring a bit at the switch. Then found out my motor was good but I had a bad wiper motor switch. Is all good now. Rain will not longer stop me 😂

2E51A032-378D-4CB9-96AA-7A062B939BDA.jpeg

Some more work got done last night. Took a little break from the the windshield and jumped back on leaf spring bushings. Hoping to take it out for a spin soon

F710EF94-1CA4-4BF0-8434-F905CAD19334.jpeg

Some more work got done last night. Took a little break from the the windshield and jumped back on leaf spring bushings. Hoping to take it out for a spin soon

View attachment 2688724
I think there is a box of Toyota FJ40 leaf spring bushings on my shelves somewhere. Do you need them for the front springs?

Is time to upgrade the 60 years old springs. I have been debating between OME and Dobinsons. Anybody can share first hand experience with these. If is on a 45 even better

The Dobinsons are bolt in and ride better.

I had to remove 3 leafs then add a front leaf to my OME pack to get it to ride decent.

Mine, left. Stock Dobinsons pack right.

DF9B4C2C-083F-4C3A-AFCE-D415BC334A3B.jpeg

The Dobinsons are bolt in and ride better.

I had to remove 3 leafs then add a front leaf to my OME pack to get it to ride decent.

Mine, left. Stock Dobinsons pack right.

View attachment 2902891Are those Dobinson thes
Thanks Nolen. I think I’m going to for the Dobinson. You are not the first one to said they ride better than OME. I’m guessing your went with the standard load? And IMS or gas shocks? Any place you recommend to get this from ?

You could try amfindustrialusa.com - I bought front and rear springs ( no hardware, stock bushing size ) for 650.00 with free shipping for my 40. Their website is a little wonky, here’s a couple of numbers to call. 800 632 0150 and 786 292 7750

The Dobinsons yellow base shocks are better than OEM base yellow.

The IMS are next level. Not even in the same league. Highly recommend spending the extra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom