Builds FJ45SWB recovered from a barn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

middlecalf, he put a 4spd in it and modified the floor (I think) and the tranny hump. post 145 and 221-224.

@Owyhee Jackass thanks, I passed over the hump mod stuff so I missed that part.

Here is a little update. I took some time to do some deep cleaning. Decide I am going to clean only the driver side first to be able to compare before and after. Will be using @wngrog patina technique plus some variation of 1000 and 1500 San paper for a smooth finish.

View attachment 2323745

View attachment 2323746

View attachment 2323750

View attachment 2323752

View attachment 2323753
Let me know when you decide to move on in XX years and I can bring it back home to Columbus area. Nice work snatching this.

Big progress today. Took Canaima to the glass shop in town and got the old windshield out. Drove it home without it and had blast. Will clean the windshield frame tonight and get the new one on tomorrow

5D3A7167-7205-49F5-A771-019CEA1C103D.jpeg

31C51E8A-8585-4CAE-A9CE-F26273F19E52.jpeg

Dangit, I spent money replacing the old skool correct bias ply tires with new AT radials, to make the truck "sellable", and now you discarded the new radials and put on old skool bias plys.

It looks great. You can put one of the correct hubcaps on the spare now.

Planing on installing anew radiator, fan clutch, head light and some other cosmetics staff. Do you think I should flush the system before putting the new rad or just drop it in

The block was hot dipped before Jim rebuilt it. There's nothing to flush. I thought also that the radiator was just redone before Jim put that in too.

Short answer: just drop the new one in.

Nick

The block was hot dipped before Jim rebuilt it. There's nothing to flush. I thought also that the radiator was just redone before Jim put that in too.

Short answer: just drop the new one in.

Nick
Perfect. Thanks for the guidance. There is nothing wrong with the radiator. That is the original 1962 rad and it wasn’t keeping up with the bigger engine on hot days. I’m dropping a 4 core OEM rad that should give better cooling. Will send pictures soon

Little update on Canaima. Got a lot of parts in the last few weeks. Planing on swapping old parts for new one on any free time my little ones and the wife decide to spare with me. I feel like I have to beg my 3year old and my 8 months old for a time out. We already got first snow of the season so Canaima will be on lock down until April.

6A4F2CCF-BD4B-426F-8DDB-B1B96DF24297.jpeg

My metal / hammer work skills are terrible. I might just leave it the way it is. I’m afraid I will make it worst and thinks things will not align when I try to put them back together. Body shops are usually afraid to touch anything that old.

Got to work and both the 40 and the 45. All the rust is gone. No bondo this time, instead we used my wife’s cookie mix. Finally the body looks right. Also got lucky enough to find to 40 trailer to add to the mix. Maybe will
Make some Christmas ornaments next year too

D4D77E36-1DE2-49D7-A7CC-52C2ABCB41AB.jpeg

CF6B6456-2696-4674-B3A2-436148AF58F7.jpeg

3C94D829-91BE-466B-85E3-FD2E65443C64.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom