Builds FJ45SWB recovered from a barn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

why did you end up not going with the Dobinsons?

@cruisermatt i wanted to try something different but They gave me. 4 months. ETA - by the time I get it from them it will be winter again 😂. I el decided to go with OME and bilsteins. Anything will Be better than what she has now

Medium. Rear pack looks massive. I might have to take a leaf or 2 out. We will see

You definitely will want to trim up the CS003R's for lighter 45's.

Fwiw we stock Bilstein and Dobinson shocks too. Have for many years :cool:

So I decided to get a little adventurous and took the top of. Can you guess how many bolts I broke ?

image.jpg

Usually its in the “lots” category!
Well, mine felt under the all category. 😂 thank fully my buddy Jim and his welding / metal work super power came to save the day
F4158E80-280F-4E68-A5A1-1E455A55CF00.jpeg

This was a true miracle. We were able to get them all out. Correction he did. My Original plan was to drill those out and add rivnuts. But since we save them all I just tap them. We also got all the dents out
7D55CC64-B46C-4F0B-800F-ECDC543422BB.png
091DBF93-A9ED-4A78-ADA7-13555397C9A3.png
85C3E50E-6E64-4EC7-A263-C23359F458D1.png
BBE5F8F5-BBF9-4DA3-8E4D-FAE1260EB2B3.png

This is what victory looks like after long day of work. I waited almost a year and drove 400 miles so he can help me get this done. I knew it will be worth the wait. Nothing that a good talk and tacos can’t fix. We also got some dents out and now I will focus on cleaning the rust spots clean before sealing the top and putting it back on the truck for another 60 years.

your gonna bounce off the bumpstops.. you sure you don't wanna toss those springs on real quick?

your gonna bounce off the bumpstops.. you sure you don't wanna toss those springs on real quick?
I got new OME suspension that will try to install before the weekend. I just some extra parts I needed. Honestly I could wait to see her with the new tires. It should look better once everything is done.

What wheels and tires are you using? I'm looking for something similar for my FJ40.

thanks,
Nick
Hey Nick, those are tacomas steelies. You can usually find them pretty cheap. You will need a 1.25 or 1.5 inch socket since those have a 4.5 backspacing. Tires are Yokohamas 255/85R16. Same as a 33 inch tire. This will be my first time with the Yokohamas, so I cannot give you any feedback there. But I heard a lot of good things o those.

Scrolled through a lot of this thread, was the VIN tag ever posted on this? Curious as to what the model is stamped and if the frame # starts with 2-FJ45-xxxx

Bump on previous post ^

Also curious what the VIN tag says the original motor number is. Thanks for any info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom