FJ40 Weatherstripping guide (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there a difference in weather stripping for the front doors for a 69'? I have one OEM and need to order one more. I see 2 different Toyota P/Ns. Thank you

Is there a difference in weather stripping for the front doors for a 69'? I have one OEM and need to order one more. I see 2 different Toyota P/Ns. Thank you

I was hoping someone else would answer. Can you clarify your question a bit as I'll try to help. Is there a difference compared to what other model year? I think the short answer is yes, the early doors are different.

You can try to PM Beno on this forum and ask him. He's a Yota parts supplier and knows the 40 parts well. Report your findings back here please so I will know.

Thanks for your response @Vae Victus. I was asking if there was a difference between the left side and right side, as I have one and need to order the other, but I am not sure which side I have and finding it difficult to differentiate between the two sides. I have the early 2 piece doors.

Thanks for your response @Vae Victus. I was asking if there was a difference between the left side and right side, as I have one and need to order the other, but I am not sure which side I have and finding it difficult to differentiate between the two sides. I have the early 2 piece doors.
If SOR.COM Is any sort of guide, and it frequently is, they show a different left and right weatherstrip.

See here: http://www.sor.com/cat124.sor#124-04-KIT

Scroll up to see the diagram of the door.

I think OEM stripping for the doors on the early trucks is NLA from Toyota, but again, you should ask Beno. He is very responsive.

This is the very reason I started this thread. If we can't get OEM parts for weatherstripping, then we need to find GOOD 3rd party stuff. Good luck. Keep us informed.

The early door weatherstrips are a mirror image to each other . They were still available OEM about 18 months ago .

Thank you @vtgbeemer this is what I was looking for. The OEM weatherstrip I have look like the attached pic and seem to work on both doors, but I wanted to confirm before I placed an order for one, because of the different P/Ns.

@Vae Victus, I'll reach out to Anur (Beno) on the part and thank you for the SOR diagram.

open-end-down_0.jpg

Open end down is correct and if you notice in the pic one top corner is a 90 degree corner and the other (which goes toward the front ) is more like 75-80 degrees. If you still have the part number Beno should be able to tell you which one you have and which one you need. One more note. Mine were almost powered with mold release so a lot of cleaning was required before gluing in place.

Open end down is correct and if you notice in the pic one top corner is a 90 degree corner and the other (which goes toward the front ) is more like 75-80 degrees. If you still have the part number Beno should be able to tell you which one you have and which one you need. One more note. Mine were almost powered with mold release so a lot of cleaning was required before gluing in place.

I'll take a closer look at what I have. I didn't notice that difference before, thank you for pointing that out. Unfortunately, I don't have the P/N for the one I have, but per your previous post they are the same, correct? I could order either left or right and it should work?

Mine weren't too bad looking, but definitely weathered. Removing is wasn't fun and I had to clean up well as it was coming apart in pieces.

You need to figure out which side you have and order the other side. If you look closely , there will be a definite flat side which is what glues to the door. I found my invoice and the part numbers are:
68108-60020 right
68109-60020 left
On Toyota parts zone they still show to be good numbers and will probably run around $40 each plus shipping.
I still recommend giving Beno a call.

You need to figure out which side you have and order the other side. If you look closely , there will be a definite flat side which is what glues to the door. I found my invoice and the part numbers are:
68108-60020 right
68109-60020 left
On Toyota parts zone they still show to be good numbers and will probably run around $40 each plus shipping.
I still recommend giving Beno a call.

Thank you for the P/Ns, I have emailed Beno for a quote.

I ended up ordering both left and right for $40 each online to avoid any issues through Camelback Toyota out of AZ. Beno couldn't match or beat their price. Thank you again @vtgbeemer

I saw mention of the kick vent seals, FYI - Cruiser Corps sells these (foam) I have bought them, not yet installed though. Has anyone looked at the stuff that McMaster Carr sells for comparison?

I do not price match sir.

No problem Anur. These rubber parts are ridiculously expensive and I needed to save whatever I could on these parts, given I had a few that needed to be ordered.

Emailed Beno yesterday afternoon, he called me in less than 2 hours and my door w/s and belt strips shipped today.
Thanks Beno!

VaeVictus,

The CCOT numbering system is meant to purposely keep you from knowing the actual Toyota part number.
However..........all they do is switch the first and sixth numbers of the Toyota number-- for example:

CCOT: 62345-17890
Toyota: 12345-67890

HTH
Although they have many parts available, I'm finding they have VERY cheap alternatives to the proper parts--When I was a newb to this rig, I bought quite a few parts from them--unknowingly. The only part I got from them that turned out to be serviceable was the fuel tank. Thankfully, it hasn't failed in the past 3 years. All the others have.--If I can get OEM, I will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom