FJ40 Weatherstripping guide (1 Viewer)

jim land

SILVER Star
ok, i did some more research and found bad review about "best" ccot weatherstrip , but it could be better than the old crack and dry one on my 42 , 99$ for a pair vs 216$ for oem , but for me in canada it is more like 180$ for ccot or 400$ for Toyota :crybaby:

Didn't realize they had seals - LOL mine don't.

I'm starting to understand why no one has done this. Just to look up the parts from these 3 sites (of what is OEM available) is a lesson in itself. Of course, there are NO pictures anywhere.

I have 11 rows in a spreadsheet just for the front doors for the '75 01-'80 07 model years.

If I plan to find and list alternative for each of these elements, A) it's going to take a while, 3) it's going to be a lot of data.... :banana::banana:

Can I get that spreadsheet?

1Fine40

Rust Buster
FWIW, I have ordered virtually all of my replacement door, roof and vent gaskets from City Racer. The installation was straight forward
and the rubber or foam (Not sure exactly what it all is) fits perfectly, just like factory. Used the black 3M adhesive, which is messy as hell,
but it provides a solid bond when dry. My only gripe is that I have a difficult time shutting the doors now that I have new gaskets on everything!! Might try adjusting the front door hinges a bit, but that is a last resort.

:cheers: to City Racer! Great products!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom