FJ40 Weatherstripping guide (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've bought the ccot stripping, but before it went on, I called Dan and got OEM. Why I forgot to call him originally I have no idea.

Doors and amby doors, iirc, I'm not doing anything with it, it's somewhere in the garage or basement. I'm going to get rid of it at some point.

for the door weatherstripping, I used a set off a geo tracker from the junkyard. Its held in place on the tracker w plastic tabs, so it comes right off. Then I used weatherstrip adhesive to glue it to the FJ40 door. Its a thick square gasket that's hollow in the center so it fills a big void and compresses nice. It also has one right angle in it that fits the outer edge of the FJ40 door. The gasket is larger than you need, so I cut out the excess and left a seam at the bottom of the door. Works good so far. Only problem I had was in the winter I forced open a frozen door and ripped the weatherstrip off. It just needed to be glued back on.

Can we see some more pictures of how you made it work?

What are the lengths of the weatherstrip around the hardtop cargo windows, corner windows and lift gate window? I have a 1970 non-USA FJ40 and the weatherstripping listed is for 7-71 and up. CCOT measured what they have for the cargo and corner windows and it would be close. They were able to lay it out and measure whereas I measured length and width and the corners would make it slightly shorter and it appears that the listed material will work and use an additional cargo length for the lift gate window which measures 97 1/2" minus corner radii where the cargo window checks 97" minus corner radii. So if anyone has the 1971 up weatherstrip that you could measure I could sure use the information before plunking down a few hundred dollars for weatherstrip that may or may not work. Thanks.

So interesting to note that my land cruiser guru looked at the oem v ccot stripping and didn't see a big difference, they he told me they must not make the old original type of striping any more. I'll check myself in a free days.

I can assure you of this: the CCoT generic ambulance door weatherstripping (for a 1980 FJ40) is a total disaster. I threw it away and bought OEM. What a relief - the OEM was so magnificent I almost framed it and hung it on the wall, but installed it instead. There are a lot of details in the OEM Toyota door gasket that are left out in the CCoT gasket and it simply couldn't be made to seal at all.

We're about to find out.

Said oem used to even look more substantial, no longer. Fit may be a different story. I really could care less since I have both.

FJ40 vs. BJ41 Door Weatherstripping

Hi all,

So I want to buy new weatherstripping for my front doors and was surprised to find that the OEM part numbers are different from the USA FJ and my 81 BJ41. I saw the following OEM part number in this thread:

Driver 97862-60300 (OEM part)
Passenger 97861-60300 (OEM Part)

Toyodiy gives me the following part numbers:

67861 WEATHERSTRIP, FRONT DOOR, RH
67861‑90300 BJ4* 1
67862 WEATHERSTRIP, FRONT DOOR, LH
67862‑90300 BJ4* 1

Are these parts actually different between the two trucks? I thought most parts were completely interchangeable on the body...

Thanks,
Chris

Hi all,

So I want to buy new weatherstripping for my front doors and was surprised to find that the OEM part numbers are different from the USA FJ and my 81 BJ41. I saw the following OEM part number in this thread:

Driver 97862-60300 (OEM part)
Passenger 97861-60300 (OEM Part)

Toyodiy gives me the following part numbers:

67861 WEATHERSTRIP, FRONT DOOR, RH
67861‑90300 BJ4* 1
67862 WEATHERSTRIP, FRONT DOOR, LH
67862‑90300 BJ4* 1

Are these parts actually different between the two trucks? I thought most parts were completely interchangeable on the body...

Thanks,
Chris

Front door weatherstrip for '81 FJ40 is same as '76 and '82 (checked those since 8008 and beyond is a different body style and has many different part numbers). Just checked http://www.toyotapartszone.com/. This is the same number you listed above, so yes, they match.

I corrected a mistake on my part in the OEM number in post #1. The CCOT site is reselling certain OEM parts for full retail price, and they have their own numbering system, which I mistook for Toyota's. Sorry.

So bump to this thread on this wet weekend. I'm wanting photos of all weatherstripping for doors, windows, ERC on the FJ40s. If you have some and can get me this info, it would help this guide come along for others:

1. Photos of packaging showing manuf and part numbers. If you don't have that, then just type out that info.
2. Photo of the weatherstripping itself showing it long ways ( |=======| )and looking at it from the end to show the profile of it. ( |_| ). Sowing with a measuring tape or caliper, is even better.
3. Photos of it installed, plus any tips on installation, and your satisfaction level with it.

VaeVictus,

The CCOT numbering system is meant to purposely keep you from knowing the actual Toyota part number.
However..........all they do is switch the first and sixth numbers of the Toyota number-- for example:

CCOT: 62345-17890
Toyota: 12345-67890

HTH

VaeVictus,

The CCOT numbering system is meant to purposely keep you from knowing the actual Toyota part number.
However..........all they do is switch the first and sixth numbers of the Toyota number-- for example:

CCOT: 62345-17890
Toyota: 12345-67890

HTH

Ah, so simple! Hidden in plain sight.

Photo of new Ambulance Door weatherstripping part numbers, courtesy of Gusb.

image-2612442320.jpg
image-2612442320.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg I just bought the pieces that go at the bottom of the window (belts) from CCOT. Toyota parts and less than the local toyota dealer (with discounts)
Same for the fuel pump...less and in stock. CCOT has gotten a lot better in the last couple of years.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom