For Sale Fj40 parts on eBay. $1.00 no reserve start (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wileycoyote

Watch this......
Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Hey guys I posted some 40 stuff on eBay
All my auctions are $1.00 and no reserve
My user id is coyo5
Hope ya get a deal

I will combine shipping.

I’m gonna see how these few items go. I have a bunch of 40 NOS but I’m not sure I have it in me to do 1000 listings this year.

Hey guys I posted some 40 stuff on eBay
All my auctions are $1.00 and no reserve
My user id is coyo5
Hope ya get a deal

I will combine shipping.

I’m gonna see how these few items go. I have a bunch of 40 NOS but I’m not sure I have it in me to do 1000 listings this year.
$108 for shipping an apron might turn folks off.
Just saying.

Ian

Holy s*** really? I just put the dimensions in on eBay and they determine shipping. I don’t make money on shipping. I will have to look into that

Anyone quoted things recently for shipping? I’m in zip code 59858. I just got some quotes to random zip codes for boxes and I have about died. I quoted a 20x20x20 box weighing 15lbs to KY and it was $146. How or when did shipping prices for a box become stupid? I have took off the big pieces until I figure this out. Sorry for the delay. Does someone know something that I’m doing wrong? That’s flipping stupid. I get the whole flat rate box thing but a lot of times these things won’t fit in them. Any ideas or suggestions is much appreciated.

i honestly don’t know, the bottle jack for $20 seems normalish — but then when i click on some of the Audio units I get insane prices on shipping, is it my zip code that triggers the price? Montana to Colorado just doesn’t seem that far? I’ve been shipping with USPS Ground Advantage lately and the costs seem to be not too bad, is that an option on your seller account?

I was just going to shove the jack in a flat rate box. Figured it wouldn’t be any issue. Flat rate box is $19.90 so that’s why I put that amount. However if you get on usps fed ex or ups and request a shipping quote, every single on of them has insane stupid rates right now. No way in hell would I mail an oversized (anything that wouldn’t fit in a flat rate box) right now. If you have a minute make up a package and get a quote for me. Let’s just say a
20x20x20 box weighing 10 lbs. see what they want to charge you guys?

Here is from 59858 to aurora co. Funny thing is you have to have 2” on each side of the box in order for them to honor insurance in the event it’s damaged.
IMG_1297.png

Anyone quoted things recently for shipping? I’m in zip code 59858. I just got some quotes to random zip codes for boxes and I have about died. I quoted a 20x20x20 box weighing 15lbs to KY and it was $146. How or when did shipping prices for a box become stupid? I have took off the big pieces until I figure this out. Sorry for the delay. Does someone know something that I’m doing wrong? That’s flipping stupid. I get the whole flat rate box thing but a lot of times these things won’t fit in them. Any ideas or suggestions is much appreciated.
Walk in prices for shipping have become outrageous compared to what we were all used to. I recently went through this exercise with FedEx sending some FST bow parts across the country. I went from $130 to ship one of their “tubes” to $62 to ship the exact same contents in my own packaging. My packaging was 2” shorter in length, 4” wider, and 4” shorter in height. Basicaly from a square cross section to a rectangular cross secrtion. They had no explanation for the ridiculous difference in pricing.

Last edited:
Careful shipping that bottle jack (or really anything heavy) in the flat rate box. I purchased a fairly rare early STO jack and it was shipped in a flat rate box, and USPS managed to break the base. There’s not a lot of room in those boxes to adequately wrap/protect them, especially something as heavy as a jack. It’s hard to stop the momentum of one if those heavy ladened boxes when they’re chucked into the back of the delivery truck. They do get chucked.

Careful shipping that bottle jack (or really anything heavy) in the flat rate box. I purchased a fairly rare early STO jack and it was shipped in a flat rate box, and USPS managed to break the base. There’s not a lot of room in those boxes to adequately wrap/protect them, especially something as heavy as a jack. It’s hard to stop the momentum of one if those heavy ladened boxes when they’re chucked into the back of the delivery truck. They do get chucked.

Apparently it's impossible to exceed the weight limit of 70 pounds on their small flat rate boxes even if filled with the densest substance on Earth but damn people sure do try!

It’s almost as if the shipping companies are tuning into SOR/PartsGeek business model of charging insane prices for shipping.

The weird thing is I have been getting parts for my hardtop restoration shipped from CCOT (granted they’re only a few hours from me) for surprisingly inexpensive and quick shipping. A full rain gutter kit that I ordered yesterday is arriving today for only $23.

GLWTS,
I’ll be watching as I’m always in the market for 40 parts.

Ian

I checked ups with those zip codes, weight, dims, and it was pretty bad as well. What the hell is that fuel surcharge? Gas is under $3 in Idaho. Must be all the great rates Amazon gets, the rest of us get to carry the load for them.

View attachment 3555420
fedex no better
View attachment 3555421
Eggzackery!

I was just sharing this theory a few days with the guy who was going to buy my hardtop header…until I gave him the $78 shipping quote from CA to TX.☹️

Fuel in CA is running just over $4.50 a gal. Wage inflation, ie large pay raise at shipping companies to make up for inflation has finally trickled into shipping cost, add to that the cost of big rigs has almost doubled in the last four years and you get higher rates. People and companies will have to deal with it and adapt or go the way of the dinosaurs….Honestly it sucks, but I don’t hear folks complaining that their house or shop they own is now worth 25-40% more.

Pirate ship has been a godsend for us and I’d suggest everyone use it. I’m not sure this would work for E Bay sales but , just regular sales on a forum like this can save you a bunch.

Last edited:
Side rant! In the last two days I've tracked a package I ordered go to Honolulu, HI for sorting and another sit for days in Minneapolis waiting to be sorted. Increased prices doesn't guarantee better service boys and girls.

If you aren't using flat rate, make the box as small as possible becaue all shipping companies use "dimensional pricing", meaning they'll charge extra for a larger box relative to its weight. Most companies use (L x W x H) / 139 as their dim pricing calculator. So if you've got a 2 pound box of cotton balls, but the size of the box is 15 x 15 x 15, you'll be charged the "dimensional weight" of 24.3 lbs (well, 25 lbs because they round up) instead of 2 pounds. If you're shipping four bottle jacks in that same box and it weighs 40 lbs, you'll be charged for a 40 lb box because the actual weight is greater than the dimensional weight. USPS uses a more favorable divisor (166) than others. So your cotton ball box would be billed at 20.3 lbs (21 lbs). So dimensionally smaller, well cushioned, packages are often less expensive to ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom