FJ25 & Very early FJ40 Front Bumper “group buy” - Gauging Interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are the FJ25 bumper brackets. Top one can be easily made from a FJ40 bracket, just needs to be cut down and two holes added and one filled in. Bottom one it pretty easy if you have something to copy.
IMG_7459.jpeg
IMG_7458.jpeg
IMG_7464.jpeg
IMG_7466.jpeg

Does anyone have a early bumper that they could get measurements off of? We need the location/measurement of the two bottom mounting holes on the bumper, (4 total) the ones that the small bottom plate attaches to. The holes on the bumper i have are ovaled and one is split open.

IMG_7466.jpeg

Does anyone have a early bumper that they could get measurements off of? We need the location/measurement of the two bottom mounting holes on the bumper, (4 total) the ones that the small bottom plate attaches to. The holes on the bumper i have are ovaled and one is split open.

View attachment 2548187
@awltec Kevin had all the measurements for this early 25 bumper project. Maybe he can chime in and give some direction.
Mike

Umm, my guy hasn't produced them yet. May be interested in 4. Depending on price.
Mike

@awltec Kevin had all the measurements for this early 25 bumper project. Maybe he can chime in and give some direction.
Mike

Hi All,

Yes, mmcinnis sent me a bumper that I straightened as best I could and then took measurements from it. I translated those into a Solidworks file and then never got back to the project. It's not really the kind of item the shop I work at does though I could do it - it would be pain and I would have to weld in the web of the channel on the ends after forming the fill pieces to the right profile.

I have attached here a DXF file of the bumper and a screen shot of my model in Solidworks - I am happy to send the file anywhere in any format I can output. All the holes are there AFAIK and you can see the ends are missing the web of the channel as mentioned above. The Solidworks file is drawn as a bent sheet metal part rather than a solid block (that will make sense if you know Solidworks)

ALTQ0566REV-.JPG

Attachments

• ALTQ0566REV-.DXF
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
Here is a PDF with a bunch of measurements

Attachments

• ALTQ0566REV-.PDF
    150 KB · Views: 61
Hi All,

Yes, mmcinnis sent me a bumper that I straightened as best I could and then took measurements from it. I translated those into a Solidworks file and then never got back to the project. It's not really the kind of item the shop I work at does though I could do it - it would be pain and I would have to weld in the web of the channel on the ends after forming the fill pieces to the right profile.

I have attached here a DXF file of the bumper and a screen shot of my model in Solidworks - I am happy to send the file anywhere in any format I can output. All the holes are there AFAIK and you can see the ends are missing the web of the channel as mentioned above. The Solidworks file is drawn as a bent sheet metal part rather than a solid block (that will make sense if you know Solidworks)

View attachment 2550105
Alert alert @scoobiedoobie. Jason @trailtailor will have the main shells made in 2 weeks. If @awltec can get him the upper and lower plates we would have everything.
Thanks everyone its happening.
Mike

Jason @TTailor is make 10 bumpers. Should be ready early Feb. Price will be around 240 each. Let's see interest. I'm in for 3 bumpers. @FJnotCJ . Jason took on this project from awltec and ran with it. Kudos to getting this done. Kevin @awl_tec is mailing Jason the upper and lower bumper mounts to get fabled also.
Mike

Jason @TTailor is make 10 bumpers. Should be ready early Feb. Price will be around 240 each. Let's see interest. I'm in for 3 bumpers. @FJnotCJ . Jason took on this project from awltec and ran with it. Kudos to getting this done. Kevin @awl_tec is mailing Jason the upper and lower bumper mounts to get fabled also.
Mike

Bumper shells are 10 GA P&O steel, bare metal. Laser but and CNC bent. Fully welded both sides. Shells are 240.00 plus shipping (70.00 USA) mounting hardware NOT included.

Jason

Last edited:
Hey, not sure. I thought everyone was trying to figure all this out still? Is someone else is making them?
Hope all is well
Mike

Hey, all just looked through the entire thread. @OldTrailFab and @scoobiedubes. You guys were in the middle of this project and I jumped in with all the excitement from Kevin awltec posting my drawings for the bumper we started 2 yrs ago. 10 bumpers are being made as we speak. If we are stepping on any toes, please let me or @trailtailor know. He will stop at 10 and let you complete the project. I see so many of these projects die, its nice to see it to the end.. Hope all is well.
Mike

Hey, all just looked through the entire thread. @OldTrailFab and @scoobiedubes. You guys were in the middle of this project and I jumped in with all the excitement from Kevin awltec posting my drawings for the bumper we started 2 yrs ago. 10 bumpers are being made as we speak. If we are stepping on any toes, please let me or @trailtailor know. He will stop at 10 and let you complete the project. I see so many of these projects die, its nice to see it to the end.. Hope all is well.
Mike
Whoa, lots of progress! I have my drawings sent out for a quote with a local shop, but so far they’re super slow to respond or get anything done. Also I don’t believe I could hit the $240 price point, you guys might as well run with what you’ve got going on.

Just talked to an old friend. He's getting 2 bumpers. Total of 8 are sold. 2 left.
Mike

Fyi looks like the 1st batch is sold out. Please post here of quantity needed. DM Jason if need be.
This is where we sit ATM!

Mike McInnis x3
Phil x2
Tahoe40/45 x3
Redrock x2
That's 10 total now.

Jason @trailtailor can you make more? I know there was more interest.
Fyi gang i have no skin in this game, please contact Jason @trailtailor for questions.
Mike

Man I don’t know why but somehow I got unsubscribed so I hadn’t seen any updates on this thread in like 3 weeks!

It doesn’t matter to me who makes these, I’ll PM you @TRAIL TAILOR about a few. @OldTrailFab i think it might still be a good idea to at least hold onto this design. Something tells me there will be a need for more down the road.

@mmcinnis and all....

FJ25 front reproduction bumper group buy is in process. 18 of the 25 are spoken for. Got the shells in from laser cutter this morning. Will have all ready to ship later this week or early next. I got the first 14 tacked up this morning and Matt is welding out this afternoon.

Jason

IMG_20210126_082454630.jpg

IMG_20210126_110435792.jpg

IMG_20210126_091327210.jpg

IMG_20210126_110327223.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom