fixed cab split window rubber part # (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
if anyone out there with '63 LPB microfiche/parts catalog could post a part # for the split sliding rear cab window rubber it would be much appreciated.

I know the status of the part itself, I just would like the part #

thanks

Has anyone used something else besides oem? Sean, I might have the part #, will look today.

Sean,

A possibility might be 64831-90332, since in my 1964 catalog it is listed as for 45P, 45P-B, and 45LP-B.

However, this same part number runs clear thru 1984 for the rear cab center window weatherstrip for the longbed pickups with the standard fixed, non-sliding window.

The 1963 catalog I have is only for the early FJ40 and FJ43, not any FJ45s; plus...............parts there are referenced with the OLD system, such as "FJ40 44103-M," which is likely a terminology that no Toyota parts dealer knows how to update to current 10-digit classifications (certainly not any of the young whippersnappers they hire nowadays.) I heard there may be some very early catalogs with 10-digit numbers, but I don't have one.

63 had catalogs with ten digit part numbers. My 63 FJ40 and FJ25 had the ten digit part numbers. I also have a couple of books that convert old number to ten digit. Once ten digit a dealer can usually convert to the last number used for part.

That's super. Looks like all you need then will be a once-valid number; sorry I can't be of more help.

LITP: The old FJ40/43 1963 parts catalog I have only has the older-style numberings. Says it was printed on October 1962, Cat. No. 4013, in English.
The drawings and blow-ups are still valuable, but of no use for any ordering of parts without a conversion.

Do your conversion books also convert FJ45 numbers or only FJ40 and FJ25? Were the early FJ45 parts catalogs ever printed with just the 10-digit numberings?

I have a book.

If you'd be willing to share what you have from your '62 catalog maybe I could make heads or tails of it?

The book is pretty deep and converts old to new as well as new to old.

image.jpg

Sean,

I'm out, since my earliest catalog is "1963 FJ40/43" printed October 1962 with old-style numbering; no FJ45 specific parts in it. The window rubber part I wrote above shows up in "1964 FJ45" printed November 1964 with the 10-digit style numbering. If.........your truck is called a "FJ45P" then the number above is the only FJ45 specific rubber weatherstrip number I have. However I doubt that would be correct since it also fits all the pickups thru the end in 1985/86.

My confusion comes from the catalog designation: "FJ45P"--not FJ45P-B for the RHD longbed, or FJ45LP-B for the LHD longbed.

For the lefties, Toyota apparently decided to change the pickup designations on January 1975, dropping the FJ45LP-B.
Available was FJ45LP-U for a three-speed, FJ45LP-K for a 4-speed, and FJ45LP-K3 in August 1980 for a cab/chassis unit.
Europe got FJ45LP-KW for the 4-speed, and FJ45LP-KW3 for the cab/chassis unit.

Any idea what the plain version "FJ45P" stands for? I thought it might be for the shorty, but maybe not for
P1020064.JPG
P1020063.JPG
the fixed top shorty?

thanks everyone

Bear, I have the same catalogs and have wondered the same questions.

I appreciate it it "Splangy"

The "P" just stands for pickup (I'm assuming shortbed without the "b") according to my 1963 parts book, and accordingly "V" for Van.

I thought I had the 63 book with the new numbers, but I don't, I have the old numbered 1963 book, and a new-numbered 64 book. I also have a conversion table in a few of the books.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410741246.922246.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410741261.338760.jpg

So far, I'm only able to find a conversion for one set of the numbers, and I'm not sure it's the right number for USA models:

Anybody know what the symbols next to the part numbers stand for? I can't find a reference to them in any of the books.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410741629.722607.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

Thanks for everyone's help, seems like another dead end.

There aren't any new part numbers for the old rubber, maybe it was discontinued before any replacements were made. Or maybe there weren't any replacements left by the time the "NEW" parts number system took over?

View attachment 941956

sorry it downloaded sideways, the reference ID's are the "Strip Gum Rubber". the LH got cut off

I'm going to try and figure out what the first five digit code was that typically represented "rubber window seals" and add it to the last five digit codes we have and see what that turns up..............................., stay tuned

Too bad.

It's always seemed to me that since the Japanese are firstly a RHD country, RH part numbers come before LH mates, and when they later evolve separate left and right-handed parts into a single part that fits both sides, they adopt the front code of the right handed part, and create a second five-digit suffix to create the new non-handed part. Hence the 64831-95200 RH early weatherstrip evolves into the 64831-90332 single large rear window strip used from 1965 up.

We in the USA, typically speak: "left," before "right." I guess it's the other way around for the Japanese, the Brits & Aussies, and such. Even though the 40-series was created to be built with LHD or RHD, I guess the manufacturer's preference makes the RHD driver floor area larger than that for the LHD trucks.

I also cannot see a difference necessitating a non-USA weatherstrip part from a USA sanctioned weatherstrip, unless the glass and the opening changed as well.

With all the unexplained changes and symbols, this surely becomes a project much like code-breaking.
Good-luck !

I'm leaning toward...................., "I also cannot see a difference necessitating a non-USA weatherstrip part from a USA sanctioned weatherstrip, unless the glass and the opening changed as well.

perhaps the earlier number was super-ceded per the 8 screws in the later version, either way it seems to be another one of those parts that Toyota was not satisfied with suggested by it's short production run.

It just stinks to be "us", who want to bring the trucks back to OEM standards, sort of anyway..............................

I'm guessing there are not enuf of you fixed-cab-shorty guys to warrant somebody having that weatherstrip recreated.

If the molded curves you need are close to those on a newer Land Cruiser(perhaps the later longbeds), how about sectioning the new one and gluing it together with an epoxy or a specific rubber adhesive. That would sure beat cracked old rubber leaking into the cab. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom