Fitting Of Pyro/egt Gauge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reviving an old thread......

I'd like to find an A pillar mount for gauges, for a RHD hdj81, anyone know of any?

Google "GlowShift". They have some universal pods and even some universal RHD pods. I ended up ordering the 3-gauge single DIN mount. Along with an EGT, boost and water temp gauges. I'll post up pics when the install is done.

Now on with the weekend!!!! :beer:

One more ISSPRO happy customer ..

main.php

not to hijack, I just picked up my 13 BT manifold in which i am going turbo and ready to tap for my pyro, the machine shop that ported my heads and manifold asked why i was going pre turbo and mentioned the fear that the tip burn off and go through the turbo as well? so now I am not sure what to do even though the consensus is to go pre turbo which is what the plan was? i am ready to tap it but now dont know what to do?

Rob

the idea of installing a pyro is to give you AN IDEA of what is going on inside the head and exhaust.
if you go preturbo there is a chance of the tip breaking off and damaging the turbo but the readings are more accurate
if you go post turbo then the readings are not as accurate but there is no risk of damage.

seriously, if you are driving on the edge of 1400F all the time you need to change your driving habits or crank the fuel down a touch.

you can run 1300F MAX preturbo or 1100F MAX post turbo (we are talking within 6" of the exhaust blades), either GUIDE LINE works fine.

I nehver ear or see any pyro probe braked and hitting the turbine blades .. it really happends .. ? ( knock wood ) with a couple of years with my cheap VDO probe and gauge I hope it never happen to me .. less with my expensive ISSPRO probe and kit ..

well i tapped the 13BT manifold pre turbo, looks good, probe goes in about an inch into chamber. I guess if it was to ever break off it will eventually find its way to the engine as well?

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom