Finaly got it rolling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finaly got it rolling (build thread)

Finaly got a rolling chassis built. I am about a week~ish behind where I want to be, but what ever I am having fun and the girlfriend (its her truck) is happy.

Quick specs:
2.5in BDS
Galvinized frame
mini truck nuckels 27stock birfs
Vented rotors, IFS mini calipers
9.5 in wide rims, Big flat Centerline's :cool:
Vortex'ed midevil looking bumper.

I am starting the steering mockup/build once I get the tub floor welded and set on the frame.

thats the tub behind it, standing on the tailgate section The tins and Tub will go to Garnett blasting hopefuly next week, while they are gone Ill swap in motor/trany/tcase. Fmotor/4sp/3spd case :D
IMGP1505-1.jpg
IMGP1504-1.jpg

Last edited:
That is a BIG step... now get her running! :D

Sweet job bro, looks like it is going to be nice.

Rezarf <><

Hi All:

Looking good so far - keep the momentum going on the project!

Keep us updated on your progress!

Regards,

Alan

Droped the body back on last night to mock up stearing and stuff. Its going to be a while before those springs settle! :eek: I am 6ft and the bottom of the window opening is just under my arm! :lol:

Need to weld a few things up and it will be ready to go to sandblast. :cool:
IMGP1508-1.jpg
IMGP1507-1.jpg

Are you planning on going thru a wall instead of climbing it with that bumper? Damn! I like it.:cool:

Trees man, trees. (and people from Jersy) You should see how much dammage is on my other rig from the combonation of both :)

Heres the hood my buddy threw on.
IMGP1510-1.jpg

Looks really good, man. I see you kept the shackle reversal. That bumper should also work well for vehicles with NY and CT plates.

you look sexy.

Nice bling galvi frame.

Looks good, you are making crazy progress in your busy season, but not during the off time?

LOL when you have 'makins working you can afford to take some time off... and still make money :D

You do nice work..........I really like the frame idea.

Quick update. All the little stuff is killing me. little more welding here and there... I keep finding stuff to fix. Got the seats all in, along with the tuffy, also got the tail lights in there too.

Thanks for those Leaping Dear! :D
IMGP1516-1.jpg
IMGP1519-1.jpg

After a long time pushed into the corner, I am have pulled the 40 out and am working on this again. The boss has asked to drive the 40 instead of getting a limmo after our wedding. :D

Newish 33X12.5 Procomp MT's are mounted up, but I still have a couple bead leaks.
Cab mounts are tacked up, just need to be finish welded
Mini truck powerstearing box is installed and colum is hooked up. All done except for paint.
Hood, bib, windshield frame, and fender skirts are Garnett blasted, welded where needed and ready for primer.

Still need to get the $$ together to have the body, remainder of the pannels, and soft top parts garnett blasted.

Put a big order into CCOT for wheelspacers, and a bunch of other random things that ill need to put this together after paint.

A BIG thanks goes out to 82crusier for the stearing stuff that I need to mock up the stearing system. :cheers:

on to the pics I know you guys love so much!
:clap:
100_0059.jpg
100_0060.jpg
100_0062.jpg

Last edited:
Heres a couple new ones...

Been in the cleaning parts and painting stage. Waiting for a bunch of parts to come in and need to go pickup a bunch too. Flywheel, throwout bearing,etc the last couple things before I can slam it all together and drop it in there! The 4speed/3speed case setup is done, just wanted to get the case water tight before I wash it down one last time, most of the junk on there is soapy crud.

Head swap will happen after the powertrain is in the truck, much more torque accurate that way. But while it was clean I figured it needed some paint!

Working on a deal with the Vortex bedliner dude to get the tub sprayed inside, bottom, underhood and engine compartment. Finaly got the cash to have the tub media blasted and a buddy has offered to help spray the paint. :cheers:

Till then...

Watchin paint dry is like watching grass grow without the paycheck at the end...
:rolleyes:
101_0005.JPG
101_0003.JPG
101_0002.JPG

Looks pretty good man!!!

Oh no! A BIG GAY F Build! :grinpimp: :clap:

Looking good! Love the frame. I know my project is going a lot like yours, work like a dog for several weeks, get burnt out, and let it set. Repeat until done! Keep at it!

Oh no! A BIG GAY F Build! :grinpimp: :clap:

Looking good! Love the frame. I know my project is going a lot like yours, work like a dog for several weeks, run outa money, and let it set. Repeat until done! Keep at it!

Fixed it for ya.

Black is such a boring color, besides I had some extra GREEN after I painted my plow. So I figured what the hell, everybody calls these trucks 'fast tractors' anyhow, why not paint it a tractor color :D

I realy need to get it moving with most of the pieces attached within the next couple months. I am moving my shop and having it all almost together would save me a bunch of hassle. :cool:

I made the mistake last month of adding up all my receipts for the last 8 years. Don't ever do that, it's the most depressing thing... Not having kids is the only thing allowing me to own and build a Cruiser.

I'm in the same boat with time. We are starting construction on a new log home next year, and the truck has to be at least towable by April 2009. My goal is to have the drive train installed and running in 2 months, then the frame can go outside under a tarp while I finish the body.

Might just do a sleeper Cruiser, prudy engine and drive train and a rattle can camo body? :grinpimp: :cheers:

Looking good pat!

:beer:

I cannot fathom the about of grief I will get when yours drives before mine......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom