Finaly got it rolling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had it galvi dipped. I had a guy here localy that was doing Garnett blasting do all the pieces. Here is the breakdown of the prices
Frame $100
Blasting for frame 150 & a case of BUD
Galvi dip 130 *it was under their minimum weight so I had to pay the min, I bet I could have done 2 frames for $150
Body tub, including fender skirts, bib, bezel, hood, milk crate full of misc piecs, NO fenders it was $500

This obviously doesn't include any of my labor for welding and hauling the pieces to the various shops. The frame had been hit in the Pass side and couldn't see the cracks until it had been blasted.

I have thought about selling the galvi dipped frames, not sure if there is a market for them though. Once you galvi them its hard to weld to!

Looks good Pat. Who is the goofy looking mo fo in your previous round of pictures. With help like that no wonder you fenders don't line up with your tub. ;p

What a long strange trip its been....

The truck is finally together and running after a 5 year project to get it to this point. After a bunch more work this winter, including motor swap, (mouse nest under valve cover destroyed the 1F) to an FJ60's 2F, complete wiring job, some more bedliner, and paint, front drive shaft mods... the list goes on and on... It drove in July for the first time since I have owned it!

Currently I am having a slight part issue with tierod ends, but once that is solved and it gets a professional alighnment it will be road ready!

P8190068.jpg

P8190067.jpg

If your wondering what the other 'thing' is behind it, thats the TTop for the boat I have been building (a year long project)

P9120084.jpg

P8270071.jpg

Potter hull! Have several buddies that have rebuilt them from the ground up. One of my favorite cc boats.

Potter hull! Have several buddies that have rebuilt them from the ground up. One of my favorite cc boats.

Yep it is, actually a Potter hull. Its a VERY early 23, first titled in '71, looks to be one of the first 50 or so out of the mold. It also went through the 'custom shop' as it had a TON of teak (that I gave away mostly)

This is how I got it, completely empty, except for a ton of extra parts.

P8161428.jpg

P8161431.jpg

The center console, that I gave away for somebody to modify for their SC20 as it was completely rotten on the inside (plywood body)

P8241435.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom