Fan spray washer nozzles? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kevin - if you stick something small like a toothpick or a dental pick into them, you can adjust the height/direction of spray

Always was impressed with how nice the nozzles worked on our 06 Sienna and have wanted to adapt something like that to the cruiser. Just haven't had the time to do the legwork.

Hmm I may look into what else will work mine are shooting over the windshield. Kinda funny but not useful.

I modded (well, bent) the squirters on my car in HS (the AMX below) to spray over the windshield and roof and hit the car behind me while at speed. Made some people think it was raining. Anything for a teenage laugh...:p

Last edited:
kevin - if you stick something small like a toothpick or a dental pick into them, you can adjust the height/direction of spray

If its really stuck and you can't move it, a couple drops of CLR can help unstick them.

Thanks I had not really thought about it that hard. I will try to adjust them but a set that are similar to the ones on our Element would be nice.

Just a comparison between the two types...

washerNozzles1.jpg

washerNozzles3.jpg

I'd rather have the full spray coverage than thin streams :meh:

Yeah, I'm with you snake eater, but where do i get these nozzles?

I have been really thinking of fixing this deficiency. The solution I was going to look into, but haven't had time, was to install a system similar to the one on my 2010 GMC Sierra. The water line is integrated into the wiper blade itself and has two nozzles per arm. The resulting pattern is very evenly dispersed right in front of the wiper as it makes its way up or down the window. It works very efficiently and only uses the washer fluid exactly where you need it. In the pic I have attached you can see the two square nozzles, one on the right and one further down on the left. I know its not an answer to your question, but thought you might like different ideas.
IMG_0571.jpg

Looks good, but I'd like to hear from anyone with first hand experience installing them on an 80 :hmm:

Reason I ask is due to the finicky diverter valve design :meh:

Too much back pressure on the front nozzles will cause the valve to open and spray out the rear nozzle :doh:

That's the problem I have when the front nozzle freeze up in ice storms (and yes, I already have a new diverter valve installed) :bang:

2005 and newer camry nozzles are under the hood, like on my VW.

There's a lexus part that looks promising, at $20/ea.

Looks good, but I'd like to hear from anyone with first hand experience installing them on an 80 :hmm:

Reason I ask is due to the finicky diverter valve design :meh:

Too much back pressure on the front nozzles will cause the valve to open and spray out the rear nozzle :doh:

That's the problem I have when the front nozzle freeze up in ice storms (and yes, I already have a new diverter valve installed) :bang:

Am i confused or did some series cruiser have a washer bottle with two ports, like for two pumps. I could swear I've seen one.

I hate the whole idea of the diverter valve. With a couple relays we could just drive a separate pump for front or rear.

or we could just add another reservoir somewhere. Come to think of it, it would only require one relay.

Use the signal for the diverter valve to throw an SPDT relay that diverts the washer power to the 2nd pump. Wah-lah.

Sounds good, someone do it.

Always was impressed with how nice the nozzles worked on our 06 Sienna and have wanted to adapt something like that to the cruiser. Just haven't had the time to do the legwork.

This is exactly what motivated me to look for the same thing. I have purchased a set from Autozone.. just a generic brand, My hood off for some overhaul work but when I get it back on I will post the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom