Fan spray washer nozzles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good, but I'd like to hear from anyone with first hand experience installing them on an 80 :hmm:

I did ..

Spray pattern it's perfect windshield wide ..

word of advice buy the hose kit too .. was nearly impossible make 'em work with my old toasted plastic tubes .. and in added note my HDJ80 have the twin motor washer bottle ..

or we could just add another reservoir somewhere. Come to think of it, it would only require one relay.

Use the signal for the diverter valve to throw an SPDT relay that diverts the washer power to the 2nd pump. Wah-lah.

My FJ-60 has a reservoir (bag) and pump in the back. OEM.

My FJ-60 has a reservoir (bag) and pump in the back. OEM.

Yeah. I'm betting that i can get a bag reservoir or something - anything with an eyelet near the top really - and mount it where the diverter valve goes. Might have to fab a little.

A solid hack would be far more gratifying than a new diverter valve.

Just curious, but what feeds the bumper mounted headlight washers on the JDM Cruisers :confused:

I believe the earlier LC, 91-2 had a second pump in the bottle...
91 w washer.jpg

or we could just add another reservoir somewhere. Come to think of it, it would only require one relay.

Use the signal for the diverter valve to throw an SPDT relay that diverts the washer power to the 2nd pump. Wah-lah.

You can install a second pump in the stock washer bottle and redo the hoses and wiring. I'm thinking about this because my diverter valve doesn't really divert that well, but its not bad enough for me to actively want to fix it. :D

Second pump requires a hole in the side of the reservoir and a rubber install grommet. Make the hole at least an inch above the level of the front pump so that if the fluid is low the rear runs out first and you still have a bit for the front.

Shouldn't require a relay, the diverter valve should supply enough power to run a pump.

Just curious, but what feeds the bumper mounted headlight washers on the JDM Cruisers :confused:

Modern Toyota use a high flow pump to run the headlight squirters. On the cars with hidden headlight washers the pump is very high flow so that the fluid flow and pressure will extend the nozzle into position.

How about putting something like a fine screen like a kitchen sink aerator screen in front of your current nozzles... just thinking with my fingers.

Has anyone else had only the rear spray nozzle quit working? My rear wiper works but no spray...just wondering if it's a simple fix. I haven't looked thoroughly yet.

Has anyone else had only the rear spray nozzle quit working? My rear wiper works but no spray...just wondering if it's a simple fix. I haven't looked thoroughly yet.

Search rear diverter vavle

Sent from my DROID3 using IH8MUD. typos extra

Search rear diverter vavle

Sent from my DROID3 using IH8MUD. typos extra
Yup, that would be my bet. When this happened to me, I just rerouted everything to the front waster spray. The rear is not much of a problem for me, and I felt it was not worth the $$ to replace/repair. Some folks did want it to work in the rear, and I think the only option was replacement. John

I installed the Dorman nozzles from Amazon on my 80. When I did my intercooler with hood scoop, the hood scoop covered the old holes. I wasn't about to cut two new keyway holes in my hood, so I used the Dormans which can use a round hole.

Now that they are installed, I've found that I like the coverage MUCH better than the two streams. Word of warning: the nuts that secure them to the hood strip easily...

I was changing the wiper blades on a 2004 Envoy and the nozzles give a heavy fan shapes spray n the windshield. Not sure if they can fit the Cruiser.. but an option

I installed the Dorman nozzles from Amazon on my 80. When I did my intercooler with hood scoop, the hood scoop covered the old holes. I wasn't about to cut two new keyway holes in my hood, so I used the Dormans which can use a round hole.

Now that they are installed, I've found that I like the coverage MUCH better than the two streams. Word of warning: the nuts that secure them to the hood strip easily...

Having never removed the 80 oem nozzles, do you think the Dorman unit will work well in the OEM holes? Did you end up installing two units?

Toyota Hilux 06- works really nice, been planning to adopt these for a while..

Having never removed the 80 oem nozzles, do you think the Dorman unit will work well in the OEM holes? Did you end up installing two units?

I did on the same stock holes ..

No problem. They will work (and cover) the key hole from the Toyota nozzles.

Guess I'm ordering six of them, two for each vehicle!

Thanks, everyone who did the research for me. Also, they seem to be under $9 today from amazon.

I opted not to get the hose kit - push comes to shove i will visit my local hosier.

Napa and Autozone seem to sell the same kit, but for $18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom