Events/Trails FALL CRAWL MMXX Announcement - Registration is open (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well since this is my first event like this I am not up on how you guys go about things but while I am looking forward to the gathering I have been working on a few new ideas for meals to make while at the camp site.

Since I am sure the weather will be nice and cool and chilly even... I wanted to make something warming, besides having heaps of Tea or Coffee in the morning.

So besides the staple of pancakes and sausages (which Ill be making one morning for sure) I came up with a few ideas for breakfast and dinners

Churizo Sausage gravy w/ sweet peppers, sesame seeds and spring onions over English muffins

IMG_20200901_103538.jpg

Whiskey glazed Sausage and Pepper chunks

IMG_20200827_145320.jpg

Teriyaki Beef with carrots, corn and red cabbage in lettuce cups

IMG_20200817_195034.jpg

Is anyone else planning anything different besides the normal hot dogs and burger?... and yes I will have hot dogs with me as well LOL!!!

Love to hear what everyone else is planning or of there are group plans or anything at all really...
Man that’s gourmet food, looks awesome.
Myself I’m going with beer and whiskey.

Man that’s gourmet food, looks awesome.
Myself I’m going with beer and whiskey.

I am all for the beer and whiskey myself... but you gotta have something to soak it up inside !!!

Actually, cold cuts for lunch. Hot dogs, burgers, steak for dinner.
no breakfast for me, we just make it easy.
It seems to always happen so fast till evening.

Yeah I remember shoveling a granola bar in my face for breakfast while one-hand driving the 40 last year. I’m all about gourmet camp cuisine but all the 4 wheeling and drinking seems to get in the way.

Well since this is my first event like this I am not up on how you guys go about things but while I am looking forward to the gathering I have been working on a few new ideas for meals to make while at the camp site.

Since I am sure the weather will be nice and cool and chilly even... I wanted to make something warming, besides having heaps of Tea or Coffee in the morning.

So besides the staple of pancakes and sausages (which Ill be making one morning for sure) I came up with a few ideas for breakfast and dinners

Churizo Sausage gravy w/ sweet peppers, sesame seeds and spring onions over English muffins

IMG_20200901_103538.jpg

IMG_20200827_145320.jpg

IMG_20200817_195034.jpg

Is anyone else planning anything different besides the normal hot dogs and burger?... and yes I will have hot dogs with me as well LOL!!!

Love to hear what everyone else is planning or of there are group plans or anything at all really...
I would like to put in my reservations for one, breakfast and dinner, all nights. I will take care of lunch!

I would like to put in my reservations for one, breakfast and dinner, all nights. I will take care of lunch!
ok thats one reservation for Matzelll... please be aware that we have a strict dress code... dresses must be worn!!

dinner will be responsible for own mess kit, chair and table.

@Svensk120 I plan on Dutch oven cooking. Some thighs for dinner and mountain man for breakfast. Don’t have a dress but the food you propose may have me shopping at good will. Do kilts count?

Add my name to the reservation list please.

IMG_20200901_103538.jpg

IMG_20200827_145320.jpg

IMG_20200817_195034.jpg

He walked the walk after talking the talk, I will say that. Thanks again for the grub @Svensk120. It was delicious AND allowed me to focus on the other stuff related to the event without worrying if I'd have time to cook my dinner.

He walked the walk after talking the talk, I will say that. Thanks again for the grub @Svensk120. It was delicious AND allowed me to focus on the other stuff related to the event without worrying if I'd have time to cook my dinner.
thanks @Stumpalama it was my pleasure to hand out food to make friends and influence people!

it was a perfect pick for my first event! I had a great time and I can not wait to do some more! Knowing what the Cove is like now I can plan a bit better on the food setup and that other thing... oh yeah the truck! I have a good idea for the next few upgrades and mods I would like to do before next year!

I was very impressed with how the GX handled herself on the trails and I made it through some spots I didn't think I would make it in one piece.Special thanks goes out to John for leading our group on the Green trails... dont get me started on the color blind people there!!! I made sure I told the guy at the exit that I had fun but they need to reexamine their idea of a "green" trail. He said he hears that all the time.
Well do something then!!!

Stump I had a blast riding shotgun with you! It was great to see how everyone came together to help on the recovery and the bead blow as well. I will trade food for rides ANY time!!

Folks I have done plenty of events in my time for plenty of different activities and i was so happy to meet so many wonderful people doing wonderful things (Police Academy) really everyone was friendly and happy to talk to new people and trade stories and to help out if need be too... this is a great group to be a part of.

@Svensk120 it was great wheeling with you. The trail rating was done by the Map maker not the Cove. We need to fix the color rating before next year.

@Svensk120 it was great wheeling with you. The trail rating was done by the Map maker not the Cove. We need to fix the color rating before next year.
I have mine remarked might help with the “greens” lol

Whoever rated those trails was driving a twin-transfer cased, triple locked truggy on 40's lol

We can collect notes and change the map a bit, but I’m afraid there isn’t going to be much of the color green on it. That’s if Green = Mostly stock vehicles.

I’m pretty sure I’ve now done every green on the property in the 100 series. I would change the mud pit behind Camp 4 to a purple. I like to use a stock 5th gen 4Runner as my measuring stick, and I think it would be a bad decisions to drag a stock one along through there.

Twister is a green but I don’t recommend leading wagons through there, it’s very narrow. I don’t blame my group for quickly getting tired of it, it was not very fun.

Berkley Springs can be changed to green IMO. The mud pits at the bottom look intimidating but they are hard packed and were very easy.

Squealer should probably be a black. @landwagon and @JohnVee might be best to give that one a new color.

Dyna could probably be a Green, but the Brown “camp road” leading to it is a bit of a s*** show in places. A very fun s*** show, with bypasses.

Maybe some of us can compare notes and markup one of the maps at the next meeting?

Last edited:
We can collect notes and change the map a bit, but I’m afraid there isn’t going to be much of the color green on it. That’s if Green = Mostly stock vehicles.

I’m pretty sure I’ve now done every green on the property in the 100 series. I would change the mud pit behind Camp 4 to a purple. I like to use a stock 5th gen 4Runner as my measuring stick, and I think it would be a bad decisions to drag a stock one along through there.

Twister is a green but I don’t recommend leading wagons through there, it’s very narrow. I don’t blame my group for quickly getting tired of it, it was not very fun.

Berkley Springs can be changed to green IMO. The mud pits at the bottom look intimidating but they are hard packed and were very easy.

Squealer should probably be a black. @landwagon and @JohnVee might be best to give that one a new color.

Dyna could probably be a Green, but the Brown “camp road” leading to it is a bit of a s*** show in places. A very fun s*** show, with bypasses.

Maybe some of us can compare notes and markup one of the maps at the next meeting?

There is now a Hotwash/Lessons Learned thread on the entire event, including the maps, in the club private section. We will also be sending out a survey to get the input of the non-club attendees. I was waiting until people (I) had time to unpack, process the event and form their thoughts. Be sure to read the 1st post with the rules prior to posting any input.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom