Factory AC controller/ blower wiring question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the wiring diagram but I cannot plug has the "power" and which side has "ground" both are blue and red. Can anyone help please? I am making a harness to connect to blower and controller since I never had one. Thanks

IMG_8724.JPG

IMG_8725.JPG

IMG_8726.JPG

Not sure what you are asking?

WB (White/Black) wire is ground.
LR (Blue/Red) is normally your +12V. However the schematic shows one LR wire that appears to be connected to ground, but what it is actually showing is the controller box grounds that LR wire to make the AC relay engage since the other side of the AC relay coil is connected straight to +12V. Not a good color choice by Toyota since it is easily confused with +12V feeds which are commonly LR.

Just using my knowledge, I would guess that the small LR wire is the one that is grounded to engage the AC relay coil, and the large LR wire is the +12V power feed.

Trying to figure out how Toyota wired the plugs can be difficult since you don't know exactly how wires are connected inside the harnesses. If you can find someone with a working system and get them to take pics of their connectors, and what they connect to, you would be miles ahead.

Not sure what you are asking?

WB (White/Black) wire is ground.
LR (Blue/Red) is normally your +12V. However the schematic shows one LR wire that appears to be connected to ground, but what it is actually showing is the controller box grounds that LR wire to make the AC relay engage since the other side of the AC relay coil is connected straight to +12V. Not a good color choice by Toyota since it is easily confused with +12V feeds which are commonly LR.

Just using my knowledge, I would guess that the small LR wire is the one that is grounded to engage the AC relay coil, and the large LR wire is the +12V power feed.

Trying to figure out how Toyota wired the plugs can be difficult since you don't know exactly how wires are connected inside the harnesses. If you can find someone with a working system and get them to take pics of their connectors, and what they connect to, you would be miles ahead.

So what you are saying is that the black and white ground is already contained in that plug and is not a separate wire? I know you are the harness guru. Are you able to sell me the actually plugs I need to built this harness?

White/Black NOT Black/White is ground!

After studying the schematic a bit further: Power to the Cooler Control Box is actually provided by the BLACK wire that is supposed to connect to the Ignition coil. Then when the Cooler Control box calls for AC, it grounds the small LR wire which turns on the AC Relay thereby turning on the Cooler Blower Motor.

I do not have the mating connector for the GREEN connector. You would have to salvage that from another vehicle or cut off that weird plug and sub a 8 pin standard connector which I do have both male and female.
I do have the 4 pin connector and terminals available but it appears you already have that one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom