'72 Heater and Blower restoration (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

steffan

SILVER Star
Threads
probably too many of these threads out there already but figured I'd throw some more pictures in there as I go along
tempImagesALtCe.jpg
tempImagewCKRXF.jpg
tempImageCF444e.jpg
tempImage9tvDpm.jpg
tempImagesxdu59.jpg

Appreciate this. Mine is still fully functional but completely original to 74 and gives me a nice shower of dust when i crank it up and open the vent.
I'm looking for anything to procrastinate on all my rusty spots showing up, lol.

Great cataloging, more pictures the better, if you need some help with something or need a part, I might be able to help you out. I have done a few of these.
20230119_121441.jpg
20230119_121456.jpg
20230119_121510.jpg

20230119_121427.jpg

wow, those are over the top nice! I might be too embarrassed to post my follow up after seeing those pictures...
are those all original or restored?

I really wasn't excited to tackle the heater box because the blower was a major pain but after soaking the paint with a towel and some lacquer thinner, I was able to scrub off the black paint. Not sure why it was painted because it was probably in better condition than anything else in the vehicle

tempImagesixyhQ.png

tempImageRMsE9i.png

the old paint came off nicely so I was hoping I could keep the box original (just go over the inside) but it's just a little too far gone - would probably be ok but given that everything else has been redone it would really stick out

tempImageiGv0nT.png

tempImageYCaX1f.png

tempImagei107Vc.png

tempImage3NcmWP.png

wow, those are over the top nice! I might be too embarrassed to post my follow up after seeing those pictures...
are those all original or restored?
Restored, I was going to do what you are doing, but never got the time, this is what MUD is about, thanks

some progress on the blower motor: there was the slightest pitting on some of the pieces where the foam was placed so I decided to use a hammered paint on the inside to mask it - the lighting doesn't reflect the color/ texture very well but it's a pretty close match to the heater color. the new mesh on the blower opening - expanded metal that I epoxied in place.

tempImagebJ0cg2.png

tempImagekhRzgp.png

tempImageOiQa4l.png

tempImage2GDpXF.png

tempImagelJXcGj.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom