Wiper motor cover sizes and wiper motor mounting? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It appears that the PO replaced the windshield frame on my 1978 FJ40 with an older frame. The rig was rolled. I have the wiper motor and the cover, but mine is wider than the holes in the frame. Will the motor for the 78 work with the older frames? The holes on the motor mounting plate line up. Does someone want to swap a later model cover for an older cover, assuming that it will work? with the newer motor?
Alternatively, I might just cover the holes for the wipers and the motor /cover and sell the damn motor and cover. The actuator assembly for the wipers is missing one of the parts that fits into the wiper arm, so I would have to buy a whole apparatus. I don't really need wipers here in Albuquerque anyway. Thoughts? Advice?
Thanks in advance.

My 72 has the wiper motor on the top of windshield frame, I know at some point they move it down.

A good parts catalog can be used to answer your question.

Appears the change was 75.

My 72 has the wiper motor on the top of windshield frame, I know at some point they move it down.

A good parts catalog can be used to answer your question.

Appears the change was 75.
Thanks. I've got a '78 that I'm pretty sure has an earlier model windshield. The original cover does not fit. I'm wondering if the '78 motor will work on the older (75?76?) frame that the PO installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom