Flipping a F engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

POPO AGIE

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone flipped a F engine?

The motor is seized and the frame is sitting on jack stands and the motor is cribbed up so dropping the pan right now is not an option.

I need to harvest the bell housing and the flywheel and I am looking for a safe way to rig once it has been removed with an engine hoist.

I have a small JD tractor with a front end loader that can lift the block.

Pull the head and roll it over on the top of the block. If the engine is shot just manhandle it.

Pull the head and roll it over on the top of the block. If the engine is shot just manhandle it.
Thanks,

I pulled the head last year.

What is frustrating is I can flip a GE Lynne or Fitchburg turbine shell with a crane and a full compliment of rigging and a seasoned crew of Millwrights.

I removed the head last year trying to free the motor up. How ever owned the motor before I did removed the rear lift point.

I can come up with a way to lift it out of the frame rails in it present condition. I want to control it when it is tipped over so that I can set it on the top of the block safely.

Well be careful its heavy. I have pulled the engine, tranny and transfer in one piece from my 72 several times by myself in about 3 hours start to its setting on the ground. A nice A frame with a chain falls is very handy but once I did it with store shelving brackets sitting on firewood rounds, connected with angle iron and lifting with a come along. I like the A frame a lot better.

Well it would be great if I had an A frame. I removed the transmission and transfer case years ago and have since sold them off.

I only have to deal with the bell housing hanging off of the end of the block and have reduced the weight by removing the head

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom