Builds Evolution of a Land Cruiser: My 80's build thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everything is a safety issue when you start modifying a vehicle. It's not as if this didn't cross my mind. Of course it did. I'd be more concerned with your hacking of the factory suspension and driving on public roads putting other people's live at risk. And it's funny how people react to this. A lightweight axe and shovel = DEATH upon all passengers but nobody says anything about the heavy compressor. What if that thing breaks loose in a rollover? Surely could cause more bodily harm than a 3lb axe with a plastic sheath (nothing more than a plastic stick at that point). Or the ice chest held down with a few straps. What about the dog? He's not strapped down. That's an instant 85lb projectile.
I'll reply again since I like you and want to see you live and/or at least not covered in poop dirt.

The pointed end of the shovel pointed at the back of your head seems unnecessarily risky. If you rear-ended a semi truck, everything is going to want to move forward. Most of your cargo is going to be captured by the seats themselves. Admittedly, the shovel will probably stay put too, but if it does break free, it could get uglier than it needs to be.

Lastly, you're talking about a poop shovel and putting the business end of it near your head. I don't know, man, store your sleeping bag, pillows, clean clothes, stuff like that up there.

Hey, if you prep/ black monstaline my truck(just the sides up to, but not including the door handles like the orange/black 'toyotatrailteam' posted). I'll come weld your 4wu front end together(you gotta do the factory bracket removal/prep though). I'll bring a 220v welder to your place, your truck won't fit in my avail garage space currently.

?

Just a thought, my paint guns are 15+ years old and probably junk, but can link/weld. You're seemingly good at everything but maybe apprehensive about the suspension stuff.

Anything we have in our trucks is suspect in a major accident. I got hit in the head with a loose birf spare and my wife, a small speaker box.

Just because an axe and a shovel, look scary and are mounted where you can clearly see them doesn't make them anymore dangerous than anything else in anyone's truck. It's ALL deadly. The shovel, etc, just look obvious and doesn't take even a second to make you think about the potential.

I do think its weird you have a poop fetish and mount your turd hole digger out for everyone to enjoy:flipoff2:, haaahaa, jose

I'm going to change my reasoning then away from safety and more into a concern about the dried poop particles sort of sprinkling on everything in the cargo area.

Lastly, you're talking about a poop shovel and putting the business end of it near your head. I don't know, man, store your sleeping bag, pillows, clean clothes, stuff like that up there.

I do think its weird you have a poop fetish and mount your turd hole digger out for everyone to enjoy:flipoff2:, haaahaa, jose

I'm going to change my reasoning then away from safety and more into a concern about the dried poop particles sort of sprinkling on everything in the cargo area.

L.O.L. Well now what the crap. Have you guys ever shat out in the woods while camping? It's my poop shovel, but doesn't mean it gets poop on it. It's not like if I empty my rectum all over the blade of the shovel, fling it out into the woods as far as I can and put it back in the truck. The poop shovel is used for the sole purpose of excavating dirt. It's more convenient to have a shovel for the fire and one for pooping.

I use this thing (but without the bags). If somebody is going to have explosive diarrhea they're warned not to use my toilet so they don't splatter it everywhere. You can only use it if you poop with the consistency of toothpaste or meteorites.

XMXLcBZl.jpg

Strapped to the ice chest. Now the germaphobes are gonna say that poop juice is gonna leak into my ice chest and I'm going to die of gonasyphaherpalAIDS

14423265548_6b782721ed_b.jpg

And I just came across this thing called the Squat Strap. HAHA genius. Only $19.99. Get SOME http://www.squatmonkey.com/poop-in-the-woods-products/

Ggytl2al.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, if you prep/ black monstaline my truck(just the sides up to, but not including the door handles like the orange/black 'toyotatrailteam' posted). I'll come weld your 4wu front end together(you gotta do the factory bracket removal/prep though). I'll bring a 220v welder to your place, your truck won't fit in my avail garage space currently.

?

Just a thought, my paint guns are 15+ years old and probably junk, but can link/weld. You're seemingly good at everything but maybe apprehensive about the suspension stuff.

That's all it takes?! :) But you know, I didn't spray my ML. I rolled it on. I don't have a compressor or spray guns. Are you looking for a spray-on finish only? Now if only Brian would start selling the kits. And yeah, I've only started welding recently so I'm not comfortable burning a weld on something that critical.

Love my Pett toilet. I don't like others to use it, Im the one that ends up having to clean the damn thing.

All you need is Corbet's barrier and all the naysayers can keep quiet. Well, except for poop dust. That needs to get wrapped in plastic, put into a container and strapped to the roof. :flipoff2:

Haha. Funny topic. Sh*t...I just walk around until I find a down tree at the right height. Works everytime. Free fertalizer for the next tree. Ha

Eh, keep your knees apart and it will just roll between your legs :flipoff2:
Some of us have something between our legs already. :flipoff2:

(Double tap post edited)

And I'm not the first to do it on an 80. @warezdog are you still alive after mounting an axe & shovel like this? :)

IMG_9213.JPG

IMG_9212.JPG

LOL yes alive and well, hell they're hard to get out of the quick fists when open!

Damn this build thread just went to sh!t? Lol

Maybe we can meet at slick rock sometime later this summer and I can borrow your shovel, oops, I mean you can check out the suspension on road. My front is almost the same as the 4wu numbers. Just a bit more antidive.

I don't mind roll on monstaline rad long as it doesn't have those little raised edges where the sponge travels if you paint to heavily?

Reactions: Gav
How did you find the correct angle of the bracket? I noticed if I were to do it on my hundy it wouldn't be a 90* angle (more like 65* on the passenger side and 75* on the drivers side). Did you do a cardboard mockup or just trial and error?

How did you find the correct angle of the bracket? I noticed if I were to do it on my hundy it wouldn't be a 90* angle (more like 65* on the passenger side and 75* on the drivers side). Did you do a cardboard mockup or just trial and error?

Just go buy an angle finder from home depot....less than $10 bucks and you have the exact angle for the job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom