Epoxy Molding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Krondor

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys,

I wanted to post here before moving into the larger 40 area. I am currently starting to reproduce early Fj25 and 40 light knobs, wiper knobs, and pull interior light knobs. These plastic parts can become brittle overtime. I would like to preserve them and produce nice reproductions for the community.

If you can think of any other small parts that could benefit from being epoxy cast, please let me know. If you have any of the parts and would like to loan them for casting, I can produce one or two for free in return.

upload_2019-1-29_10-13-1.png
upload_2019-1-29_10-13-32.png

upload_2019-1-29_10-12-35.png

Thank you, I added the white stripe for a couple reasons. The main is to differentiate my reproductions from originals. I also mark the back of the knobs with an x using a dremmel. I try to be clear when selling my reproduction parts and try to make it a little more difficult for potential re-sellers to market them as original OEM pieces. The white stripe could possibly be removed using paint thinner but that is up to the purchaser....

on my early40, the only thing i've been looking for is the rubber boots on the wiper motors (so no help there), but when i was reproducing parts for fj55s, i was working on late model turn signal bases (but never finished) and was going to do headliner trim and inspection cover plugs after that. i have the pieces if you care to take that on. i think i had a couple other things too, but it's been so long since i did work on reproduction stuff. i have had a few people ask if i had left over fj55 interior cargo vents, i have two pair for myself and can loan one if you find that to be an option.

How about the double sided turn signal lenses from the Late 61-early 63 Fj40's. @67azcruizr had someone make repops many years ago but nobody seems to be willing to give them up. Not sure perfection is required. Red was Koito L1046 just screw in and the amber was L1047 screw in and tabs. I found some originals online last year and installed them but apparently one fell out a couple of months back when i was driving :frown:. Also seems like quite a few guys always looking for the early "H" heater knob and "FD" knob.

@nuclearlemon I would be interested in the inspection cover plugs and possibly the cargo vents. It depends how large they are. I currently want to focus on the small plastic pieces until I fill the nitch.

@63cruiser The lenses would be interesting to reproduce. Do you have any pictures you can share?
I will also look into the early heater knob and FD knobs. Those would be right up my alley.

Thanks guys. Keep 'em coming.

@nuclearlemon I would be interested in the inspection cover plugs and possibly the cargo vents. It depends how large they are. I currently want to focus on the small plastic pieces until I fill the nitch.

@63cruiser The lenses would be interesting to reproduce. Do you have any pictures you can share?
I will also look into the early heater knob and FD knobs. Those would be right up my alley.

Thanks guys. Keep 'em coming.
From a previous thread "Dual Turn Signal Lense Colors" Here the red and amber had tabs althought the bleached out one does not. Not sure if it matters on the tabs.
643060-5968c9ece4dd3e1160eb2c8f8c9db4cd.jpg
img_0186-jpg.896762

I would be interested in a wiper and light knob.
Can you make a custom knob? Like a knob with the word radio on it instead of wiper as an example?

Thanks!

Hey the LV guys need the small plastic door plugs reproduced. Also early Fj40/45 doors seem to need that round plug reproduced for there doors. Should be easy compared to what your doing now.

been meaning to post this. this was the pile of stuff i had set aside for reproduction (minus the computer mouse ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom