Elocker Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have read many of the threads and just want a clarification on what it different about the 93-94 elockers and the 95-97 elockers. I have a 93 that I am going to be swapping in the elockers into.
Current list of parts I have for this swap is:
94 Locker floor harness
94 elocker ecu
94 elocker switch and pigtail

I have axles from a 94 but they are corroded enough that I am looking at maybe getting a set off of a newer Land cruiser if possible. I also know that the ones that I have will require rebuilds of everything to do with the axles.

So the question really is what would I have to work around to get a 95-97 locking axle to work with the harness etc that I already have. Is it plug and play at this point and the harness is the biggest issue or do the plugs on the lockers from the harness differ between them?

As addition information I plan to go to aisin hubs with my part time kit while doing this swap so I do need the front birfields from a 95- 97 regardless.

Pull the thirds, and notch your unlocked axles, I believe wiring is same for all years but not positive. If your gonna buy all new axles I'd just get arbs And wire to factory switch if ya want the look or use arb switches keep it simple

If your gonna buy all new axles I'd just get arbs And wire to factory switch if ya want the look or use arb switches keep it simple
Have considered it though I do have most of it already for the elockers, also have the thread on using the factory switch with arb ones just don't know as I will still need the new shafts to run aisin hubs anyway

Harrops on my 94 work perfect with the stock switch.

Pull the thirds, and notch your unlocked axles, I believe wiring is same for all years but not positive. If your gonna buy all new axles I'd just get arbs And wire to factory switch if ya want the look or use arb switches keep it simple

I know the front elocker housing for had a notch on the passenger side - but am not totally sure (yet) if the rear housing also has a similar notch - do you happen to know?

I know the front elocker housing for had a notch on the passenger side - but am not totally sure (yet) if the rear housing also has a similar notch - do you happen to know?

Yes the rear housing does have a notch for the actuator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom