Builds Elma the red 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Joe, it was a surprise to see your thread pop up too, glad your better half (right?!) is doing better. Your a good partner to know when there’s a time and place for the Cruiser and then wasn’t it.
Truck looks nice and pretty area your in. Take care.

Wasn't talking about his house I am sure @joebattle1 knows that i said sucks either way talking about the tire
I know, I was just being goofy. That does really suck about the tire. I had a similar situation years ago, and Les Scwhab was able to throw a patch on it. They patched it on the inside and outside. It looked like a patch you would put on a rubber raft. Granted it was a wheeling rig, so it didn't see high speeds, but it held up for years without any issue even at low tire pressure. May be an option for a spare instead of buying a new tire.

Hey Joe, it was a surprise to see your thread pop up too, glad your better half (right?!) is doing better. Your a good partner to know when there’s a time and place for the Cruiser and then wasn’t it.
Truck looks nice and pretty area your in. Take care.

Thanks Fel, Yes my better half. She's almost back to 100%.

Wasn't talking about his house I am sure @joebattle1 knows that i said sucks either way talking about the tire

I totally got what you were saying... And yes... I was totally lucky to walk out of my house to find this screw in my tire instead of in the streets or on the trail. I was lucky enough to catch it before it was completely flat too.

I know, I was just being goofy. That does really suck about the tire. I had a similar situation years ago, and Les Scwhab was able to throw a patch on it. They patched it on the inside and outside. It looked like a patch you would put on a rubber raft. Granted it was a wheeling rig, so it didn't see high speeds, but it held up for years without any issue even at low tire pressure. May be an option for a spare instead of buying a new tire.

I ordered a new tire from 4Wheel Parts online and had it delivered to the local store. They mounted and balanced the new tire for me. Unfortunately I had to buy the new version of the tire as they don't make that exact same tire anymore. They asked me if I wanted to keep the old tire and I thought about doing an inside patch. But then I thought about all the other unfinished projects around my garage and decided against taking a tire with a giant hole in it home.

Was having some weird electrical issues so I figured it was time to finally clean up my dash accessorie wires by adding a power bus

2A7EAC21-C3D3-4D57-8B00-8F24D491C538.jpeg

Card board mock up
E6699F80-9F48-47A7-A08E-8BEE041B8FB7.jpeg

tracing out the jig on the sheet metal
6E4B7588-5F6B-4D8E-92AA-8A87FFACCC1D.jpeg

Cutting the sheet metal...
067967E0-FC0B-45EB-ADFB-EA9E9CF0DB0D.jpeg
A907372A-85E1-4687-A988-8D7D71604272.jpeg

My buddy Chopperbob also busted out a flag/antenna mount for me at work on the C&C machine real quick. Going to Surf & Turf At Pismo Beach tomorrow so I needed to run a flag. He’s gonna make me up another one with a slight angle to it so the flag sits straight instead of sitting forward. I’m gonna turn this into my Ham antenna mount after the beach and or run another one on the right side. Shout out to @yodaTEQ on IG for the idea.

C44B8F61-8805-4A04-B8A7-5D6CECB8B830.jpeg

EAAA8BA7-08C0-4C7E-A5F2-14E7EF47103E.jpeg

BE23D4F1-6C5C-4B29-ABCE-085F042A08DB.jpeg

F4B0A66B-B6EF-434F-BFBF-E786CC043B69.jpeg

Nice apron do you wear it in the kitchen also lol

Haha... I've got one for every occasion... I got my BBQ Apron, my indoor cookin apron, my outdoor shop apron, my leather weldin apron...

I kicked a guys a$$ once wearing this apron... You ever had your a$$ kicked by a dude in an apron? Does a number on your ego.

Last edited:
Be careful with those cutting/grinding Sparks so close to the 60s paint and glass

I said the same thing to my buddy bob who you see in the pic (who knows better as he’s a professional fabricator by trade) . I made this mistake last year while grinding on my trailer next to the 60. My passenger side window has a few metal bits stuck in it.

I said the same thing to my buddy bob who you see in the pic (who knows better as he’s a professional fabricator by trade) . I made this mistake last year while grinding on my trailer next to the 60. My passenger side window has a few metal bits stuck in it.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I welded on the fender mount of my truck and forgot to cover up my windshield...

Whoops. :doh:

The Bus looks great! Surf and Turf looks like a blast, how did it handle pulling the trailer?

The Bus looks great! Surf and Turf looks like a blast, how did it handle pulling the trailer?

Thanks man...

Surf N Turf was awesome. What a great time.

So the ol 2F did ok pulling the trailer... For the most part. The only place it really struggled was on the way back to the Bay from the beach. There is one decent sized mountain range to go up on highway 101. It's fairly steep and fairly long. By the time I got to the top of the pass the temp gauge was running near the top of the gauge. It was definitely hard on the ol 2F... It was 3rd gear at 40mph going up just begging the thing to get to the top. I really need to install an aftermarket digital temp gauge. Open diffs on the sand pulling the trailer also sucks. I got stuck twice in the deep sand with the trailer and had to have @hygge drag me out right when I got there and a diesel Ford yank me out when I was leaving camp. I aired down my truck but not the trailer. Next time I go to Pismo I'll air the trailer down too.

Last edited:
Couple more from Pismo Beach.

I aired down to about 15psi on the truck. I should have aired down the trailer too... Next time.
813454EC-8109-436E-8929-D2CEE61841F4.jpeg

EADB5CAE-3089-4FF3-B78F-D9883EEBF93A.jpeg

9641AA7F-0E40-4356-A74A-0EE41F007815.jpeg

1F30B216-4B44-40E5-9FCC-2A46B141CED7.jpeg

8C910B09-1E04-493C-ADF5-33C8F0D046DB.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom