Builds Elma the red 60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You mentioned wanting a 100 series... Here's one up in my neck of the woods Coeur D Alene / Spokane area for a decent price, low miles, and it looks to have a factory rear locker!

You mentioned wanting a 100 series... Here's one up in my neck of the woods Coeur D Alene / Spokane area for a decent price, low miles, and it looks to have a factory rear locker!

THats a good deal. I’ll probably start looking for real next summer.

Finally put my mini tool boxes back on. Lol. It’s just Velcro. I keep a socket wrench and some misc crap in these.
47C4F087-C12A-46DF-AA8F-3DB811EE1584.jpeg

35FD5AC9-B2F8-4CAD-BA00-EBDF5F927CD3.jpeg

This pic just cause...
AEDA2CD0-5F63-45CE-BD03-2506D25971AF.jpeg

Finally framed this pic my daughter drew of the 60.
606E3F2F-6F23-4641-9D1E-41E65798D159.jpeg

Swapped out the pos/neg wires on the Blue Sea bus. I didn’t have any 8-awg wire when I did the job so I just hacked up set of jumper cables and used that. Well jumper cables are a total scam. They pretend it’s 8 gauge wire but it’s really all cable jacket and about 14 gauge of actual wire inside.

i need to figure out how to run a few things when the key starts. Right now my fog light switch is taking constant power because it’s tied direct to the Blue Sea. So I need to take the switch power and find a slot to go into the fuse box that turns on with the key.

2006D32E-DDBC-42B3-8ADC-569338670750.jpeg

AC576905-A68C-4750-A7C2-02517D44F20B.jpeg

Got tired of dealing with these wire spools so I made up a little carrier under one of my work benches.
8C9054ED-8C72-434F-A12E-4A108E93F91C.jpeg

Also bought this hydraulic connector crimper. This thing is awesome. Can crimp 1 Awg all the way to 16 Awg.
B345440E-AA20-4912-96FB-BAD247600306.jpeg

Yesterday my daughter and I decided to detour coming home from Paso Robles CA. We decided to jump over to Hollister Hills for a quick visit. I wish we would have left Paso earlier cause by the time we got there the sun was heading down. Definitely going to set up a meet up here soon with the Bay Area 60 guys. It's no Gorman but it will do for some quick urban get away wheelin.

I took it real easy and didn't bother to air down. I could't afford to get stuck with my 6 year old in the car. We were alone, had no camping gear, very little snacks and it was getting dark.

Can't wait to get a rear locker though. Open diffs suck.

960D05B0-2FCD-4258-BECB-08C2873E3102.jpeg

70D301D5-D43B-4FE3-93B7-09C55A7D0F38.jpeg

83248026-FA07-4912-B599-8453B98FCE49.jpeg
9F5B410B-56FF-4592-82F3-2228997FE761.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok so here we are... I’m getting low voltage to the battery, approx 11.6 volts running zero accessories. thinking maybe my belts a little loose (first time driving in wet snow yesterday) causing some slippage.

I’m running a MeanGreen Alt with about 10k miles on it I’m guessing. This just started happening this morning running from Reno to Sugarbowl ski Area.

The truck runs a little on the warm side as well but that seams to only be when I’m pushing hard up grade. Doesn’t overheat just runs up towards the 3/4 mark on the gauge.

I don’t have a pic of the gauges. My bluetooth battery app on my phone and the gauge are both pretty much in line with each other.

fusible link maybe?

Gotta drive home from Nevada City back to the Bay tomorrow. If you see my on the side of the road on i80 give a honk...

On the way to Reno. I pulled over at NNOutBurger in Auburn to eat and cool down.
356A9382-C192-4FCA-9371-1C302407D8B8.jpeg

Got VIP parking at the Silver Legacy. Had to go to RENO for work this weekend.
70192CCB-79D2-4C7F-A014-692A09D755D3.jpeg

Parked with my mostly Gerrman friends.
52E9E0AF-FB77-48A2-B8C2-5E583AE2B380.jpeg

Went to Sugarbowl on the way home to do some snowboarding. Got dumped on overnight. Had some good powder runs.
736FDB1A-1B5B-492C-9CE4-23C9E15A4162.jpeg

how she’s currently sitting on my buddies property. Will investigate the low voltage issue further in the morning before heading back home.
C6CF5F9B-BC57-4AB0-9350-6D9A29551974.jpeg

Last edited:
Battery prob not it but how old? Def check your links.. maybe corrosion clean up? Yada yada, check that all connections are tight. And belts too as you already mentioned. You know what to do...

Putting this pic here for reference. I did the 4Runner blade swap a while back. I went to buy new blades the other day and couldn’t remember what to buy. Finally found this pic so I’m putting it here.

A5ABB4B1-8D2B-4633-9A62-F45C4A8448B6.jpeg

Just got through all 17 pages here and I’ve got to say, as I scrolled, I found myself beginning to really like the red. Particularly the red and black combo! Great truck / thread, particularly being nearly 15? years now!

hey man... thanks for stopping in. Crazy how fast the time went by.

After my drive home from Reno/Tahoe I walked out to the truck the other day to find a puddle of coolant under the truck. I thought... Ha! this is it... This is why I'm running warm. Well... I thought this brand new radiator was leaking... Not so much... I took the radiator to Pankeys Radiator shop in Hayward for a pressure test. CSF2708 checks out ok. Good pressure, Good flow. What next? Thermostat? I just ordered another one from Toyota Parts deal. Maybe the cap is leaking? I ordered a new one... The lower rad hose was leaking a tiny bit so I pulled that one and I'll stick a new piece of 5/8'ths heater hose there. Don't think this is the culprit though as I saw coolant above this running down the back of the radiator shroud...

Question about the fan clutch. If it's not working properly would I only know this sitting in bumper to bumper traffic? Does the fan clutch do anything at speed that the wind isn't doing?

Anything else to check before I put it back together and dump coolant in?

LC 2F Coolant leak .jpg

I'm guessing you've checked every hose in that area, top and bottom? i had a coolant drip acouple years ago that "presented" way down by the rad drain plug, but was actually coming from the upper rad hose where it connects to the rad. It was super slow, ran down from the bottom of the hose, down and over, and thus took a while for me to find it. Just a hose clamp (non oem of course) that had backed off a hair.

I'm guessing you've checked every hose in that area, top and bottom? i had a coolant drip acouple years ago that "presented" way down by the rad drain plug, but was actually coming from the upper rad hose where it connects to the rad. It was super slow, ran down from the bottom of the hose, down and over, and thus took a while for me to find it. Just a hose clamp (non oem of course) that had backed off a hair.

That’s a good point Dave. I’m thinking it could have been my upper rad hose maybe. But it was a lot of coolant on the ground. I’m perplexed. I put the Rad back in tonight and got it mostly buttoned up. I’ll fill it with coolant this morning and see what’s what.

We should go Social D on a trail some where... Can’t get the Corona thru the CB Radio...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom