Builds Elma the red 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy crap I can see! Can’t believe I waited 10 years for these. Put the 70 mirrors on and OMG! Game changer. I’ve never been so happy to look backwards in life ever.

I got em from City Racer and they were spendy but they are nice.

They don’t have a zoom on the pass but they are great.

0540AF9F-7023-4B28-B2E8-233069E38EA4.jpeg

667E57DB-7E2C-4675-B1DB-50CFDC55E151.jpeg

3AA2974A-8F1C-4803-81F8-E73161BBF888.jpeg

Last edited:
Are the 70 mirrors convex view? I like them

Are the 70 mirrors convex view? I like them

Hey Matt,

I knew there was a word for that. I said “no zoom”... lol. No, no convex. Both mirrors are the same. So much better than the stock Corolla mirrors that came on the thing though.

Front left brake caliper was leaking bad so I went to Napa and they had new calipers in stock. I should have turned the rotors but I’m being lazy. I’m just gonna buy some slotted rotors from Georg soon anyway.

Took about 45 minutes to swap old calipers and pads. Hardest part of the job was jacking the truck up and taking the wheel off.

0DA24CAF-D4F8-432D-9213-88A8DAEE0820.jpeg

2ACD97BA-D013-49FE-9B44-91D8A58C66E0.jpeg

FCE3D010-34FA-4576-9BB5-2D86F72B45C8.jpeg

Rock Auto sent me the wrong caliper. The gap wasn't wide enough to fit around the caliper.
CB8576D1-1781-4907-B1A6-00B591EDEE69.jpeg

Last edited:
That rotor doesn't look bad at all. Slotted rotors look cool but add about zero additional performance on a 60.

That rotor doesn't look bad at all. Slotted rotors look cool but add about zero additional performance on a 60.

Whatever Matt... don’t be a hater... slotted rotors make it go twice as fast off the line... :flipoff2: :p

Boom! Sup now B:tches! I'm out here in these streets lookin mean... :flipoff2:
Been pushin the 60 all over the Bay Area lately since my wife jacked me for the Prius (meep meep) and I currently hate my BMW. Gettin all kinds of thumbs up around the Town. Even almost got car jacked the other day rollin thru the hood in East O. That's when you know your rides lookin right... I need a wax cause the East Oakland Sun is beatin her up. Gotta go wheel it first though...
IMG_9929.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got around to putting in the 80' series Master Cylinder. Mostly because I accidentally topped off my master cylinder container with power steering fluid and needed to drain it all out anyway. :doh: ! Pretty huge difference in braking power. I no longer need to pump the brake to get the thing to start stopping. Tons more pressure behind the pedal and a lot more stopping power.

This is a total "bolt on" upgrade for any one interested. The only "mod" per say is to cut the new connector off and solder on the old one in it's place. Took 5 minutes. I did have to bend the brake lines a bit to get them to fit the new configuration but no big deal at all. I'd say a :banana: job.

I'm about to drive to Tahoe in an hour or so. The truck seams to be giving me some low voltage so I need to keep my eye on that. Gotta say a pray to the car gods that my rig doesn't break down today with my wife and little in tow. My wife is going to be pissssssed if that happens. I can just hear her.... "We should have just took the Prius". **** that... 60 for life! Even on the side of the road...

New one next to the old one.
IMG_9055.jpg

IMG_9987.jpg

Don't forget to bench bleed the new MC. I forgot to take a pic with the bleeder lines coming out. You can see them in the next pic.
IMG_9984.jpg

IMG_9988.jpg

IMG_9989.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ When you cross the bridge to Alameda?:D
BTW man just a thumbs up on all your projects and that rig looks good, you better have a kill switch if you be around the Bay Area cruisin.

Finally got around to putting in the 80' series Master Cylinder. Mostly because I accidentally topped off my master cylinder container with power steering fluid and needed to drain it all out anyway. :doh: ! Pretty huge difference in braking power. I no longer need to pump the brake to get the thing to start stopping. Tons more pressure behind the pedal and a lot more stopping power.

This is a total "bolt on" upgrade for any one interested. The only "mod" per say is to cut the new connector off and solder on the old one in it's place. Took 5 minutes. I did have to bend the brake lines a bit to get them to fit the new configuration but no big deal at all. I'd say a :banana: job.

I'm about to drive to Tahoe in an hour or so. The truck seams to be giving me some low voltage so I need to keep my eye on that. Gotta say a pray to the car gods that my rig doesn't break down today with my wife and little in tow. My wife is going to be pissssssed if that happens. I can just hear her.... "We should have just took the Prius". **** that... 60 for life! Even on the side of the road...

New one next to the old one.
View attachment 2019611
View attachment 2019612

Don't forget to bench bleed the new MC. I forgot to take a pic with the bleeder lines coming out. You can see them in the next pic.
View attachment 2019614
View attachment 2019613

View attachment 2019615

Nice job on that! I gotta do this upgrade soon.

Your Truck looks bad a$$ man! A clean, lifted 60 will get a lot of attention for sure :cool:

Have fun in Tahoe! I’m heading up to Plumas County in a few hours with my wife. No way I’d drive anything other than the 60 when heading to the mountains!

-Ed

^^^ When you cross the bridge to Alameda?:D
BTW man just a thumbs up on all your projects and that rig looks good, you better have a kill switch if you be around the Bay Area cruisin.

Ha! It was actually Treasure Island but I’m in Alameda all the time. Thanks man. Rig is coming along... so ready to just enjoy the thing for a while again.

Nice job on that! I gotta do this upgrade soon.

Your Truck looks bad a$$ man! A clean, lifted 60 will get a lot of attention for sure :cool:

Have fun in Tahoe! I’m heading up to Plumas County in a few hours with my wife. No way I’d drive anything other than the 60 when heading to the mountains!

-Ed

Thanks Ed. Appreciate it. I’m all about the classic look for my 60. No bumpers. Just the lift and my roof bars for function for the most part. Although I just bought a bunch of steel to make my own rock sliders. 5 speed and lockers are on my list as well. I want to run the rubicon but need at least those items in play.

Last edited:
Just got to Tahoe. Voltage ok but the truck is running warm. Right above half way just under 3/4 at times. Seemed to start running warm coming up the mountains. Also spiked when I was stopped at a gas station right when I started the truck back up after refuel. Not in the red but right below it. Maybe this new CSF 2708 Radiator is total junk.

Pic for attn

3E96E85F-D5D2-4CAD-9CC0-3FAD89FB2ECB.jpeg

What are ambient temps like there? It might just be really hot out. I loved Lake Tahoe when I visited, can't wait to get back out there and run the Rubicon too

What are ambient temps like there? It might just be really hot out. I loved Lake Tahoe when I visited, can't wait to get back out there and run the Rubicon too

Matt, it wasn’t that hot yesterday maybe 80 in Sacramento as I passed thru there and in the 70’s once I got into the mountains. Pre all the work I did the thing never ran warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom