Builds Elma the red 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m running that same brake MC and have been very happy with my braking but I am running rear disc now too.
After getting my Speedhut gauges in I don’t even think my stock water temp gauge was accurate. It’s great seeing actual number valves on the gauge.
Your canoe on the 60 is making me want to hit up a high mtn lake and go fishing. Just got back from 11 day trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons which was awesome.

Touch top and bottom lines off radiator, if they are hot your rad and thermostat are functioning. If it’s not overheating just getting warm up hillc have you bled it well? How’s coolant bottle, near top line when hot?

I’m running that same brake MC and have been very happy with my braking but I am running rear disc now too.
After getting my Speedhut gauges in I don’t even think my stock water temp gauge was accurate. It’s great seeing actual number valves on the gauge.
Your canoe on the 60 is making me want to hit up a high mtn lake and go fishing. Just got back from 11 day trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons which was awesome.

I'm loving my new braking power. It's definitely one of those didn't know I needed till I had it situations. Night and day different from the old stock one.

I saw that you went there with the 'Big Rig'. I'll do Yellowstone in the 60 after a motor swap.

Really dig the new gauges. Yea, it may be time to put a real water temp gauge in. I hate the idea of a gauge that's not part of the cluster as is. Another thing on the list of stuff to do when i motor swap one day.

Touch top and bottom lines off radiator, if they are hot your rad and thermostat are functioning. If it’s not overheating just getting warm up hillc have you bled it well? How’s coolant bottle, near top line when hot?

I've checked it multiple times before this trip. Haven't done it on this journey as the canoe has hindered the hood opening to much. Gotta find the right stick this morning to hold the hood up just enough so I can check again. Wheeled the snot out of it yesterday and it stayed cool the whole run. Ambient temps were low though, Id say mid 70's.

Had a great day yesterday in Tahoe. Took all the kids on a 5 mile hike in the morning to 5 Lakes which is right near Alpine Meadows Ski Resort. I could not believe the kids did so well. My 6 year old cried after 10 minutes on the trail. Her little legs were "hurting" to much to carry on but we gave her a lolly pop and she kept it movin after that. The promise of a lake to swim in at the end of the hike was also helpful motivation.

After that my bud and I ditched all the girls and went and found a dirt road... The truck ran great up the trail. Didn't run warm at all. We took the trail all the way up to Watson Lake and then put the canoe in the water for a quick evening stroll around the lake.
A9BA5CCD-9E31-422E-B912-8DD8EA2B18D9.jpeg

37033C46-A025-4C55-9CF5-643376A689C6.jpeg

3FB76ED0-0329-4990-9D4D-377F45B0E406.jpeg

F1D51BAA-8DAD-40CD-9705-F6F0BB12DE67.jpeg

Went to the PMC swap meet in Petaluma CA this weekend. Fun times... got to meet Marlin of Marlin Crawlers (he rebuilt my carburetor for me) He was just the coolest guy ever. Also got to hang with Georg and @hygge. Saw a bunch of sweet rigs, sold my old mirrors and my buddy @chopperbob won a safe in the raffle. The PMC guys were a great bunch. Can’t wait to go wheel with that crew some day.

My buddy @chopperbob on the left, Marlin in the middle and me on the right. You can just see Georg in the background.
3F3F3B73-EFCA-4670-A0D0-DEACDCCDD10D.jpeg

7AC5FF57-E827-44E8-92B8-DD3DA8925F57.jpeg

FB5B877B-B6C3-4DBA-ABDE-9F9E35A399FB.jpeg

B327AB81-9392-4125-B427-17E2B0D7193A.jpeg

A8E77043-A90E-46C5-8982-B0C50F654B96.jpeg

Went to the PMC swap meet in Petaluma CA this weekend. Fun times... got to meet Marlin of Marlin Crawlers (he rebuilt my carburetor for me) He was just the coolest guy ever. Also got to hang with Georg and @hygge. Saw a bunch of sweet rigs, sold my old mirrors and my buddy @chopperbob won a safe in the raffle. The PMC guys were a great bunch. Can’t wait to go wheel with that crew some day.

My buddy @chopperbob on the left, Marlin in the middle and me on the right. You can just see Georg in the background.
View attachment 2030331

View attachment 2030327

View attachment 2030328

View attachment 2030329

View attachment 2030330
I wanted to go to this but, I was at Laguna Seca for the World Superbike races. Look like a great time sorry I missed it!

Spent last Saturday replacing all 24 OME Yellow bushings. I did them 9 or so years ago but I was lazy and only did the shackle side of the leaf not the frame side. Needless to say the frame side bushings were toast. Basically non existent.
Also put in new frame side greasable pins. Now she’s riding all dreamy again.

220k Miles

030C2DC8-71E5-46AE-B93D-207527954084.jpeg

D15E7278-74D9-4514-A0FC-854898F712C1.jpeg

7B9EBB4B-EAA4-4A10-AE11-B0389AF39CC9.jpeg

52EE5897-236F-4369-9B08-A54D640D42B6.jpeg

C6D6A497-EE83-4877-ACC6-16362006C665.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice Joe
Been wondering where you’ve been.

Hojack, It’s been a crazy summer. My wife fell ill in May which monkey wrenched our whole summer. She’s better now after a major surgery but that set us back in more ways than one. Work is also crazy busy for me in the summer months, so that has also compounded my Mud absence. I have been driving the 60 regularly though. Just not to the woods much. I’m trying to get the time off of work to go to Pismo for Surf & Turf but the work gods aren’t looking good on me. We’ll see if I can pull it off.

I have been keeping up with your thread though. We need to meet up for a wheel session sometime soon. Maybe in the fall I’ll head north for a weekend. Really dig your wheeling cabin in the woods you’re after.

Thanks for checking in man.

Sorry to hear about your wife Joe. It seems we all have those seasons of life so hopefully your through yours and can start to get back to normal again. I lost my mom to mental illness and it’s getting close to 20 years of that. Would have never thought in a million years we’d go through what we did the past years, it just about tore the family apart.
I’d love to meet up at the Crater Lake property. Crater Lake National Park is a half hour to the N. Entrance or beautiful Diamond Lake for boating and fishing. The Klamath Marsh Wildlife Refuge is due east less than 10 minutes away. Truly a spectacular area of Oregon. I’d like to have a MuD get together there frequently.

@joebattle1 - good to hear your wife is better. i've been driving my 60 pretty regularly too and addressing stuff here/there and as they pop up. still need to meet up.

@Hojack - i've been following your build thread as well. i had to go back to see what kind of sliders you have...and saw they were custom. i'm looking to slap some on and passing them off as running boards with the wifey. lol. and this is with stock ride height. count me in for a MUD get together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom