Builds El Jefe's FJ60 Build/Puzzle V8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@

I've been through your posts but don't recall now - do you use the Taurus fans or which?
I have all of 2 1/4" from the nose of the waterpump to the radiator core
No, v6 Ford contour fans, shroud is the perfect size for the fj60 radiator.
My Ranger shifter is on a bracket off the tranny, it comes up next to the 4-speed shifter and uses a rod to actuate the Ranger.
If I did it over, I would move the motor back, probably by going with an NV4500 rather than the Ranger/h42

No, v6 Ford contour fans, shroud is the perfect size for the fj60 radiator.
My Ranger shifter is on a bracket off the tranny, it comes up next to the 4-speed shifter and uses a rod to actuate the Ranger.
If I did it over, I would move the motor back, probably by going with an NV4500 rather than the Ranger/h42
The NV4500 is tempting. My wife is the one that spearheaded the 60 Purchase, and is not a fan of manual transmission. I have not looked into the cost of converting to
Auto. I imagine i could recoup some from the Ranger/H42 and adapter. The H42 was rebuilt to boot so I'd like to keep it manual.

I like manuals and not having to deal with a custom crossmember, tcc switch, new drive shafts, adapter, t case shifter brackets, etc was worth it to me.
each configuration has its pros and cons.

I like manuals and not having to deal with a custom crossmember, tcc switch, new drive shafts, adapter, t case shifter brackets, etc was worth it to me.
each configuration has its pros and cons.
Sounds like a win to me too. First objective is to get this thing going.

Since this discussion is happening now, someone tell me the best way to use my factory 4 speed manual and drop in my LS?? The adapter kit I found was about $2500! Is that the only option?

Last edited:
Since this discussion is happening now, someone tell me the best way to use my factory 4 speed manual and drop in my LS?? The adapter kit I found was about $2500! Is that the only option?
Ranger OD plus bell housing and clutch stuff would be under 2k. Marks4wd kit is about 2k

Cheapest mating is the ranger over drive splitter and yes it’s still about 2500$ for everything

other option is find a 5 speed and a marks bell housing but still comes in north of 2500$
@rhah has mentioned a sub $1000 swap a few times.
It’s more than doable, you just have to have a donor parts rig to part back out. You still have to purchase the adapter. I sell the bed, rear, and trans to pay for the adapter usually.
Where did you Cut for the Ranger to come through. Electric fans could be the ticket appears I may be short on space, and I do like that the Electric fans have their own shrouds.
cut a hole just south west of my stock shifter. Give up on trying to make the handle a straight shot off the splitter, you’ll need some made linkage otherwise it’s gonna land in your hvac ducts.

just a short piece of metal and bushings will work for linkage

cut a hole just south west of my stock shifter. Give up on trying to make the handle a straight shot off the splitter, you’ll need some made linkage otherwise it’s gonna land in your hvac ducts.

just a short piece of metal and bushings will work for linkage
DO you have any pictures or an example of?

I found it this morning then forgot to get you your pictures, the long write up there led me to do my linkage.

I will get you pictures I promise
Thank you Sir. No Rush.

Thank you Sir. No Rush.

made a bracket on the body for the shifter to pivot on

been on there a solid 60k miles now, could be better And will redo later in life but it works. Needs a Beefier turn buckle

put a bushing inside the eyelet for the turn buckle so you can tighten it all down tight and still have a clean pivot points.

turn buckles works great, they are adjustable and can adjust the slack or lever to wherever you want it

6BCFED2E-6AC2-45C5-B740-878E4341ED47.jpeg

54FC5AF5-D2A9-41E7-B6BD-ECA0F0AD2A22.jpeg

image.jpg

Don’t mind the tape, never got around to mounting the boot. One of those here’s something quick to do a test run and make sure it works and well it did..... one of these days

Thanks for the pictures. Did you add a bracket on top under the boot to keep it from falling through?
made a bracket on the body for the shifter to pivot on

been on there a solid 60k miles now, could be better And will redo later in life but it works. Needs a Beefier turn buckle

put a bushing inside the eyelet for the turn buckle so you can tighten it all down tight and still have a clean pivot points.

turn buckles works great, they are adjustable and can adjust the slack or lever to wherever you want it

View attachment 2629865

View attachment 2629866

View attachment 2629870
Don’t mind the tape, never got around to mounting the boot. One of those here’s something quick to do a test run and make sure it works and well it did..... one of these

Here are pics of mine. Bracket is mounted to tranny top cover. Uses pipe and 3/8” rod ends to actuate. I did extended the lever on the Ranger to lower the shifting force.

28021689-FC32-41B1-ADBE-ABD7C60F8F1F.jpeg

BE4D02B2-A28C-4391-BD4B-6C465951A669.jpeg

07362603-947B-44EB-9200-8D2F193E5D36.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom