EFI Fuse Blowing -- Ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like you were looking for the bottle opener...:flipoff2:

I even saw a guy running off with your Cazadores bottle. I was not able to stop him, but I did get a picture:

amandot.jpg

Alvaro

alvarorb said:
I even saw a guy running off with your Cazadores bottle. I was not able to stop him, but I did get a picture:

Alvaro

STOP! THIEF!!!

:D
(he got the good one stuff...anejo ;) )

200k on my truck, might want to add this to today's order Dan.

As far as a trouble shooting guide, I'd think that if unplugging the Fuel pump relay eliminates the fuse blowing you could surmise the pump is shorted. It's not 100% as unplugging the pump itself is better but it is a hell of alot easier and might justify tearing into the rear compartment for the pump connection.

Doug, glad to hear that this is almost sorted out! You had quiet a team crawling on and in the Cruiser trying to sort this out--though ultimately unsuccessful it was comforting to know that there was so much knowledge out there trying to fix your Cruiser.

NorCalDoug said:
As for the AAA f:censor:cks...I have yet to give them a piece of my mind. Tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll rain hell down upon them. :mad:

Sunday afternoon Mary was still fuming about the tow truck and worrying about the two of you (me too big guy!)…FWIW she’s already penned a strongly worded letter to AAA.

Good luck with the recovery.

Guess I need to cut a hole in the bottom of the drawer floor, drawer top and the carpet for easy access to the pump!

If someone did have an OBD-II software for the laptop or a scanner, how could this have helped Doug in that instance? Was the CE light on? The OBD-II doesn't read fuel pressure IIRC. I'm only curious.

Is there a less expensive pump that can be used as an emergency spare? Does the Supra pump qualify for this? Even though the pump can put out more than the oem pump, the fuel press regulator will bring that down to a nominal press for the fuel rail I'm guessing.

Thoughts?

Ali

alia176 said:
If someone did have an OBD-II software for the laptop or a scanner, how could this have helped Doug in that instance? Was the CE light on? The OBD-II doesn't read fuel pressure IIRC. I'm only curious.

We did have a scan tool or two with us and as you stated they weren't very useful in this situation. No CE light was on.

alia176 said:

Is there a less expensive pump that can be used as an emergency spare? Does the Supra pump qualify for this? Even though the pump can put out more than the oem pump, the fuel press regulator will bring that down to a nominal press for the fuel rail I'm guessing.

Thoughts?

Ali
Ali,
As Derek stated, we had a scan tool available, but since there was no CEL/MIL, no codes returned. We did learn that the ODB-II reader would NOT work if the EFI fuse was not in place -- good to know.

I'd say a spare pump and possibly a spare pump bracket might be good to carry.

I have to say, this whole DV thing is very peculiar. :eek:

Normally, we'd be inundated with pics about the trips in the Trails section and ravings about good food etc, but nope, zip. Just some vague references to people doing parts runs in the middle of the night, folks waiting on the road, tow truck drivers needing hotel rooms... etc.

Sounds pretty odd to me... You weren't near area 51 where you? Let's hear the whole story! And the real Doug would never leave his truck at a stealership! So, who are you, filthy alien, and what did you do with our Prez? :mad:

:D

Eric,

You might be on the right direction. But do you know why is this guy smiling?

kevinsmile.jpg

Alvaro

alvarorb said:
Eric,

You might be on the right direction. But do you know why is this guy smiling?

Alvaro

well, that'd surely be the tow truck driver thinking he got a good long tow ahead and might even get some action that night in Vegas? :D

Eric,

Look again. This time at his hat.

Alvaro

alvarorb said:
Eric,

Look again. This time at his hat.

Alvaro

well, yes, it's a well known fact that tow truck drivers love Land Rovers... :D

and no, surely, any LR owner smirking at a stranded LC would not have made it out of there alive, right... ? :D

David Letterman drives a Land Rover?

-B-

Sunday afternoon Mary was still fuming about the tow truck and worrying about the two of you (me too big guy!)…FWIW she’s already penned a strongly worded letter to AAA.

.[/QUOTE]

Doug,

AAA will send you a survey in the mail and perhaps even a follow up phone call on teh service you've received from this tow truck company. FYI.

Ali

alia176 said:
Doug,

AAA will send you a survey in the mail and perhaps even a follow up phone call on the service you've received from this tow truck company. FYI.

Ali

I have a letter written and sent. I'm calling them today as well. I look forward to the survey.

Waiting 7 hours for a tow is completely unacceptable. :mad:

Doug,

I agree on the seven hours. However, AAA will counter that with ...."well sir, you were in an off pavement location with no precise way to find you...". Just be prepared!

I can't wait for my daughter to get old enough so that we can do similar things as you and yours.

Get 'em tiger!!!!

Ali

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom