Early OEM Tool Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Another OEM Tool Kit Saved :eek:

I stopped to talk and hang out with the original owner of my 64. A great guy. He told me stories and stories about the cruiser and his travels. I let him reminsce as he drove it around Sloan Lake on a beautiful clear colorado day. :grinpimp:

Even have the orig HHH lock ;p

I'll make this some tech.. The only thing that appears to be missing is the card stating which tool went into each #'d pouch. Can anyone provide the list?
112_1273.JPG
112_1274.JPG

What does the lock...................................................lock??

Ed

I have the card, too. Is that a toolbox lock?

Brian, if you did not already know.......I.....am the class....Dunce:doh:

Glad I could he'p you out.:D

Ed:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

foxfab said:
And I'll reiterate again. YOU suck!:flipoff2:

Nice score

X2 :flipoff2:

Wes, was this in the truck..........or did the original owner pull it out of his sock drawer or something? :D

Pretty close Jim, It was inside in the closet :D but going to my sock drawer next to the HK ;)

I finally talked to Bill the original owner afer a few months and asked him about what ever happened to the original tool kit? He said oh I have it in the closet... :D He must have known how valuable it was. He said we could "work" something out on the kit as it was his only "metric" tools.. LOL

After talking with him a few times I finally stopped by and he told me some stories check out the few things I'd done to it in the short time and took her for a spin again. Finally he opened up the tool kit and said he couldn't charge me since it belonged to the cruiser and he knew how enthusiastic I was about the vehicle that took him to so many places throughout colorado and utah.

He said he knows the bumperettes and other items are still in friends garage. Sadly he said his friend has passed on like most of his other companions and he's the last one. He said we could go ever and see if the wife would let us rummage through the garage. He said we'd find all sorts of cool stuff :) I duno if we'll do that but I plan to go up there every so often so he can check out the progress on his old friend.

All the tools appear almost unused. Esp the screwdrivers still in the plastic. The grease gun has been used but the rest of the stuff is just about mint.

Ige.. If you could remember to bring that card to the meeting. I'll make a xerox copy of it to put in there. Thanks!

Wes,
that is awesome !!

did Treeroot end up with some goodies in the 60 something FJ40 he picked up in my area...I havn't heard much of that cruiser, does it run?

Razor said:
Wes,
that is awesome !!

did Treeroot end up with some goodies in the 60 something FJ40 he picked up in my area...I havn't heard much of that cruiser, does it run?

i think the block cracked... :(

Razor said:

He got a real nice chiltons manual that even mice won't touch:eek: :D

I looked around that ole couks garage but I couldn't find a tool kit or hub caps. I did find an oil filter and car kit..

Runs good, I think he ought to try the antifreeze block sealer.. nothing to loose at this point..

guys-

pm me,
I have duplicate cards made up only change is pocket 12/13 (adjustment kit/manual) says only "miscellaneous" (for the copy kits I made up 4 years ago)

rick

rick_d said:
g
I have duplicate cards made up only change is pocket 12/13 (adjustment kit/manual) says only "miscellaneous" (for the copy kits I made up 4 years ago)

Rick, you have a PM;p

I should have guessed you'd have repro cards :grinpimp:

Thanks for that TT article a few years back. I went back and read it once I picked up the kit...:D

sweet tool kit :)

The lock's for the spare tire (ie. locking to the swing-out tire carrier). I think I tossed my HHH lock, thinking it was some POS lock. oh well, I still have the tool kit (minus the combination wrench set with the nice little blue clasp to hold them together...... Damn Thieves!!!)

This lock was for the spare tire:D Nice catch smcruisin. The owner asked on saturday if I still had the lock when looking at the spare. I need to pop off the hub cap and double check ;)

From John Pardi. on the lcml there was a mention that one came on the tool box too. But I dunno... I can ask the orig owner and see if he remembers getting one on the toolbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom