Early OEM Tool Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't know what year it changed, but the tire carrier for the 25 and very early 40 did not have a fourth stud for a padlock. Only one on the tool box.
P1010014.JPG

Razor said:
Wes,
that is awesome !!

did Treeroot end up with some goodies in the 60 something FJ40 he picked up in my area...I havn't heard much of that cruiser, does it run?

It runs great except for the cracked block. I blame myself but I kinda think the block was cracked before I froze it. I am sure I didn't help it any but she will run again. Wes found a new block so either his 66 or the 64 can be fixed. Poser has a few F135 blocks out at his place too.

No real goodies unless you are a fan of mouse s#!t :D

I am glad Wes made the call on the toolkit...maybe I'll offer him a 45LV for it.

Can you post a tool pic with them being outside the pouch. PLEASE!!!

Sure... All of them? I would suspect you don't really need a close up of a ball peen hammer, pliers, etc? Also may/june TT 2002 Rick D had a nice article on OEM tools.

Last edited:
Yeah.. So lets see, I pull into Hops and I hear this big hissing sound.. Hum I think maybe that's Treeroots tire going flat :D. As I walk around to the passenger side of my cruiser(drivers his) I go to find the leak. Hum. NOT his tires.. Maybe it's the sprinkler system in the grass right there. NOPE... I look at my front passenger tire. The hiss is louder and I find a dry rotted sidewall with air rushing out. Awe Fawk time for a beer. :beer: :beer: My spare is a Gates Commando which aint in that great a shape either.

After we closed down Hops there were quite a few of us left. I pulled the jack and since I decided to make the tool kit complete I put the tire iron in the canvas bag which is at home for safe keeping. :doh: Subzali grabbed his and when he popped off the spare hub cap it had a little cheesy master lock. Oh.. I guess it did have a lock on it. :whoops: Can't find the Key. About to bust it off then Joe Calleja remembers he has a cruiser rim and factory snow tire in the back of his pickup. Sweet. It's flat though. Robbie and Uncle Ben had some air so while I was getting the old tire off I had to keep an eye on Ige. Something about trading treeroot hub caps for a powersteering box :eek: Thanks to the rising sun crew for another exciting evening :):flamingo:

Since the original owner said he could only remember using the yellow bottle jack once. I got to find out it works well the second time ;p

Hi Thanks Wes one little question started A landslide. Great tool set I have A few but not in that condition. Has the hammer got #1 on the other side. The one I have has so it goes in position 1
Cheers Fred

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom