1976 Fj40... long "budget "project... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would be interested in buying original wet prints. The image quality from those old cameras is very special.
Too bad we live on opposite ends of the country. I would hire you to take pics of my truck.
When I have time, I can print it for you. Because this is a large format negative (8x10), I can only do contact print on photo-paper (no enlargement). PM me your address. Best

I have almost (I think - 90%) whole picture now..
Water was collected over time in two cylinders and in push rods aria. Valve lifter was rusted and block timing gear as well as rust in two pistons also block crankshaft. Because engine is tilted back, you can see how push rods is rusted from 2-3 to 12.

Working on gauges cluster ... it's has no glass and very rusted ..
I have older model speedometer parts (what I have found in the glove box ) what I have to modified to my model..

IMG_8566.jpg

The frame actually better than I thought it would be. Right C-rail is very solid and has rust only on the surface, except a very end.
Left rail has solid wall and top but bottom part rust and thin (shown in red).. inside plate has crack (see in blue)
IMG_8933a.jpg

Last edited:
SergP I just had your latest posts come through. Looks like you are into it up to your eyeballs! You are a hard worker for sure!!

SergP I just had your latest posts come through. Looks like you are into it up to your eyeballs! You are a hard worker for sure!!
Thanks. But this project make me feel like.... "Only Fools and Horses Work"...:) only a good thing... I still like it.

Also found this one (screaming deal)... not sure if seat cover is original.. but it is old ..seller said it is storage by his father ..
also both fenders never been installed ..
IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8671.jpg

IMG_8669.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom