E&E Off-Road 200 Series Skid Plate System (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got these art pieces secured... I'm beat, arms are heavy 😄 Will post feedback later.

20230527_155456.jpg

20230527_151017.jpg

Question for the folks who have already installed these ... Skids were just delivered yesterday, but it might be a little bit until I can get the transfer case skid.

Will I be better off waiting until I have everything in hand to install? Or does the TC skid pretty much install on its own?

It will add 5-10 minutes to the install if you go back and add it. If you plan to wait a bit for the t-case skid then I would go ahead and install what you have. I did the same until the t-case skid came available, no big deal.

Got the full set installed today, and I'm pretty impressed with how smoothly it all went together. Every bolt lined up perfectly on the first try, and I was able to hand thread every single one. No power tools needed. No extra set of hands required. I will admit that a lot of blue Loctite was involved.

The only part that isn't even / symmetrical is the oil filter cover BUT it went together smoothly, and I have no concerns about the plate protecting the oil filter. Left to right it is centered, but the "top" has a slightly larger gap than the "bottom".

The write-up from @Tex68w was useful in seeing how the pieces fit together, but the included instructions are clear and easy to follow.

Getting the transfer case skid installed felt like it was a little more difficult than the other pieces, but removing each individual plate to ensure proper alignment (100% worthwhile) was also a bit of a pain.

Only thing I'm still trying to figure out is what exactly to do with the front splash guards.

Overall very pleased with this and excited to have it installed. These skids are SOLID.

@chriscosta416 and @prwillard2 it looks like you've also kept the factory splash guards on at least for the moment. Have you done anything to secure the couple of now empty bolt holes in the plastic?
I have not. Didn't have any issues when I went "mudding" at overland expo either.

@chriscosta416 and @prwillard2 it looks like you've also kept the factory splash guards on at least for the moment. Have you done anything to secure the couple of now empty bolt holes in the plastic?
I kept mine and chopped them up to fit my slee skids, now with this set I’m looking for a pair of originals..

No reason not to have them. They seal the area around the back of the fog light from mud.

Only issue I can imagine is backing up with your front end buried in thick mud/dirt.

I kept mine and chopped them up to fit my slee skids, now with this set I’m looking for a pair of originals..

No reason not to have them. They seal the area around the back of the fog light from mud.

Only issue I can imagine is backing up with your front end buried in thick mud/dirt.
Exact same reason I kept mine on @wingnutted I have yet to rip them off from any obstacle.

Thanks everyone I appreciate the feed back.

For the next batch I probably will adjust the front skid to allow more protection of the power steering cooler and the lower radiator. For those that already have the skids and are interested in this, you will get a very good deal.
View attachment 3331535

This will also allow easier transition for filler plates to other bumpers. It will defiantly integrate nicely into my low profile bumper when I'm done. :)
View attachment 3331537

Do I understand correctly that this post means you are developing a front bumper/bumper chop skid thingy similar to your rear?

Anybody successfully mated the rear bumper up to an AHC truck yet? :cool:

Do I understand correctly that this post means you are developing a front bumper/bumper chop skid thingy similar to your rear?

Anybody successfully mated the rear bumper up to an AHC truck yet? :cool:
@Heckraiser I am running @turbo8 first version of the rear bar he made. I was able to get it mounted but unfortunately to mount the last bolt that goes through the frame you will have to remove or relocate the AHC pump.

I tried to move it and if I were to add custom hardlines it would probably work. But the AHC bracket pretty much goes into the place the bar is supposed to mount through.

The factory fogs on the 16+ LC have a pretty substantial plastic housing that surrounds on every side but the top. I wouldn't be too worried about them in that regard, at least not on the 16+ LC.

The factory fogs on the 16+ LC have a pretty substantial plastic housing that surrounds on every side but the top. I wouldn't be too worried about them in that regard, at least not on the 16+ LC.
13 has that on one side. Not sure why not both. But even then it is better for the bumper plastic to support it along the bottom, and from a corrosion/wiring standpoint to exclude as much water/dirt/grit as possible.

Similar parts on many other vehicles also suggest to me the little vertical flaps may give some small advantage in mileage or wind noise.

Some members have been asking when they can get in on the next batch, so I opened up the pre-order page again.

Make the $100 deposit and you're on the list. The $100 will go towards the purchase price and is also fully refundable.

I'm hopeing to get a minimum of 15 pre-orders to start production.

I want to sell this as a full set, so from the power steering cooler all the way back to the transfercase area including cat deterrents.

Updated price based on 15 pre-orders (hopefully 20) is $2250.

For those that already have the skids you will get the updated front skid and power steering guard for free, just pay shipping.

Thanks everyone, really enjoy the positive feedback and happy customers!

Some members have been asking when they can get in on the next batch, so I opened up the pre-order page again.

Make the $100 deposit and you're on the list. The $100 will go towards the purchase price and is also fully refundable.

I want to sell this as a full set, so from the power steering cooler all the way back to the transfercase area including cat deterrents.

For those that already have the skids you will get the updated front skid and power steering guard for free, just pay shipping.

Keep up the great work and thank you for the awesome customer service!

Any sliders or roof racks in the near distant future by chance? 🤔

I thought i was tripping, i could swear i saw around $1800 this morning and now when i went to website to order the skid it was out of stock and the price seemed off. Now it makes sense the price changed. I have to think again now before pulling trigger but i really like this concept of skid frame it really is great design.

I thought i was tripping, i could swear i saw around $1800 this morning and now when i went to website to order the skid it was out of stock and the price seemed off. Now it makes sense the price changed. I have to think again now before pulling trigger but i really like this concept of skid frame it really is great design.
Hope it makes sense, it was split up before and more expensive, now a little cheaper when combined.

Before
1899 for skids up to the transmission
450 for transfer case
=2349 (no power steering cooler guard)

And now includes both of those and the power steering cooler guard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom