craigslist Dreamer of the week (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1984 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 Full Size 4X4 2F

"RARE full size 1984 North-American spec Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 for sale. VERY SOLID. Western truck, just shipped in. Starts right up. Runs good. Needs a good detailing and a paint job to be perfect. Clear title in hand. These FJ60 cruisers are in HIGH DEMAND these days and regularly sell for over $40,000 when finished. Very easy light project or drive as-is while it appreciates in value."

Wow, gotta love CL ads. Asking price on this one is $17,500 and thats probably about $14,000 too high. The wheels alone should be an indication of the problems with this vehicle.

I guess where he/she/they went to school they missed that single class that covered grammar, punctuation, and use of capital letters. It was a long day in class.

It is baffling to see how people want to sell things for a good chuck of change, and their posts are absolutely incoherent and missing critical details.

It is baffling to see how people want to sell things for a good chuck of change, and their posts are absolutely incoherent and missing critical details.
Yeah, it really speaks volumes about how much effort you put into things. If you can't even bother to write a proper ad and take decent photos, did you really do all the maintenance that is required to keep these trucks running, and do it properly?

Wonder if he knows he has a $5k rust repair for that roof.

1613067509206.png

Yeah, $35k is the crack pipe price.

Cruising the local FB Marketplace this morning...

Cruising the local FB Marketplace this morning...

I was just about to repost that one as I too just saw it. He had it listed last summer or maybe even the summer before and I'm pretty sure his asking price has gone up. At least he took to the time to clean up the interior before posting the ad

1613503423932.png

1613503353747.png

Hopefully the keys to the 100 series in the back are lost in that pile of 'stuff' and its a 2 for 1. Best case scenario it turns into an episode of storage wars in the trunk.

I was just about to repost that one as I too just saw it. He had it listed last summer or maybe even the summer before and I'm pretty sure his asking price has gone up. At least he took to the time to clean up the interior before posting the ad

View attachment 2587172

It is clean but $35000 for a clean fj60 with a blown headgasket?

Here is a great case study and sample from my local CL:

1614609936945.png

On top we have the now semi famous rusty and dirty FJ62 with an FJ60 front end and a crack pipe asking price of $15.5K. While the exterior sells itself of a guaranteed Tetanus shot the inside conjures up images of sitting on a used needle or a good chance at hepatitis

On the bottom we have a Running driving truck with some add ons and a seller describing exactly what is wrong and an $asking price of $3k which might still be a little high but is in the much more realistic ball park. The bottom one ironically looking a hell of a lot nicer than the one on top.

Last edited:

I noticed that the passenger front wheel is mismatched, which tells me whatever it hit trashed the stock wheel bad enough it wouldn’t roll on and off a trailer. I’m curious how bad the frame is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom