craigslist Dreamer of the week (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1984 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 Full Size 4X4 2F

"RARE full size 1984 North-American spec Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 for sale. VERY SOLID. Western truck, just shipped in. Starts right up. Runs good. Needs a good detailing and a paint job to be perfect. Clear title in hand. These FJ60 cruisers are in HIGH DEMAND these days and regularly sell for over $40,000 when finished. Very easy light project or drive as-is while it appreciates in value."

Wow, gotta love CL ads. Asking price on this one is $17,500 and thats probably about $14,000 too high. The wheels alone should be an indication of the problems with this vehicle.

This is by far the best one in this entire thread!

Good for parts.....price is definitely optimistic. Gotta believe that frame is wracked too.

I drove 400 miles round trip and picked it up Sat.
we finally came to a reasonable price
a few things were sold to someone local,

DSCF4154.JPG

DSCF4155.JPG

Not often one comes from within...

If it seems like a scam I’m happy to address any issues with it. Simply put up the listing to see what the market looks like.

Curious to see the details on what survived on it.

I haven't got too deep into it yet, so far
the entire driver side is good, fender, both doors and rear quarter
pass side, rear door is maybe good, rear quarter, below window, is decent, small dent by bumper
tailgate is good, small ding
rad core support is fixable
pass seat is good
rear fabric is good
cargo carpet is OK
steering wheel
console
both axles
haven't tried to start it yet
frame looks decent, even the rear by the gas tank

he sold the hatch glass
hatch is bad which I thought seeing the rust on it
the guy also grabbed the rear 3 point seatbelts, which I didn't know about until I got there

Last edited:
If it seems like a scam I’m happy to address any issues with it. Simply put up the listing to see what the market looks like.

Doesn’t seem like a scam, just seems like you’re dreaming at $60k. You’re asking low-miles, pristine, stock truck price for a decent example that’s really just had an engine swap done. I wouldn’t bat my eye at $20-$30k but starting at $60k is laughable.

Doesn’t seem like a scam, just seems like you’re dreaming at $60k. You’re asking low-miles, pristine, stock truck price for a decent example that’s really just had an engine swap done. I wouldn’t bat my eye at $20-$30k but starting at $60k is laughable.
If you know anyone that can take a look I’d be happy to have them go over it. I don’t know much about the market. I was basing it off of an insurance appraisal and took some off of that. Please PM me with any info on a good inspector definitely want this to go to a good home. Thank you 👍🏻

Heres a a new one. $62K for a 62. Coincidence?

This one is listed here also but I gotta say it qualifies for this thread. Also just shows how crazy the FJ62 bubble is getting.

Yeah that’s a crazy price!
And it need so much more work!
Looks good from 50 ft away.

Ahhh.. I'm so happy I got my 62 in 2019 for $2,500. Granted it needed to get the head replaced which I did myself and needs some body work but no rust!!! :p

Ahhh.. I'm so happy I got my 62 in 2019 for $2,500. Granted it needed to get the head replaced which I did myself and needs some body work but no rust!!! :p
guy local to me has a very clean 3fe FJ80 in white. I chatted with him one day and he said he got it like 10 years ago and i think he said it was $1200. It would go for 10 to 15x that amount now easily and maybe more.

guy local to me has a very clean 3fe FJ80 in white. I chatted with him one day and he said he got it like 10 years ago and i think he said it was $1200. It would go for 10 to 15x that amount now easily and maybe more.
I wouldn't doubt it. Though the 3fe 80's are dogs :p I still can't believe how lucky I got.

Wanna hear a crazy story? I have a friend who had a 1994 80 in green with 180k miles. It was in a fender bender that damaged the axle to the point where it couldn't be driven on the freeway but was ok to move around. She always meant to fix it but never got around to it. When the Russian River flood happened in 2019 they parked it by the police station and it was obviously towed. She couldn't afford to pay it out at the time and said they could just keep it. Later we were talking and she said that she would have just given it to me. I'm still in shock about that one. Someone got a REALLY GOOD DEAL! I coulda fixed it in a weekend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom