craigslist Dreamer of the week (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1984 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 Full Size 4X4 2F

"RARE full size 1984 North-American spec Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 for sale. VERY SOLID. Western truck, just shipped in. Starts right up. Runs good. Needs a good detailing and a paint job to be perfect. Clear title in hand. These FJ60 cruisers are in HIGH DEMAND these days and regularly sell for over $40,000 when finished. Very easy light project or drive as-is while it appreciates in value."

Wow, gotta love CL ads. Asking price on this one is $17,500 and thats probably about $14,000 too high. The wheels alone should be an indication of the problems with this vehicle.

Don’t waste your time on this one !! It’s a pile an expensive pile.
7A342E9D-0475-48D6-9B36-71DF49D8D905.png

We have a new Candidate for Dreamer of the Week. This one comes to us from Diamond Head Hawaii.

With an asking price of $25000 and a line like this in the ad: "car is in excellent condition and can be a daily driver, weekend beach car, or 4x4 offroad explorer." what could possibly go wrong?

Easy fix? I mean what do you expect for $25000?
1570643901912.png

1570643952465.png

This weeks contender:

At first I thought it didn't seem so bad until I finished reading the description. Price is about $4k to $5k too high.

Offered for sale is a 1983 Toyota Land Cruiser in excellent running condition. Really, it runs likes a beast - starts every time, engine, transmission, clutch 4WD system all act like they're ready to go to war. The bones are amazing however, the flesh is weakened. A skin graft is imminent. It's rusty and crusty in all the right places :cautious: for a Land Cruiser of this vintage - however, the frame is in excellent shape as is the interior, door panels, dash board and all important accoutrements. It's fueled by a 1 gallon milk jug o_O set up precariously in the engine compartment (read: needs fuel lines, gas tank is intact) but, despite all this; the right buyer could make it worth a hell of a lot of money with very little effort. Even has a CT title that goes with the truck.

1571184639501.png

1571184657555.png

1571184677627.png

Points for writing some humor into the description. Loses points for over optimistic asking price.

well, at least there won't be many more miles put on it. I gather with that set up it's just enough to get you to the nearest gas station and back before having to refuel.

I think we have a new king for dreamer of the week:

FJ40 Transfer Case and 3 Speed Transmission Used From 73 FJ40 W/73k | eBay I like the time spent to prep, clean, and really define the value of this piece

1574712136333.png

This Ebayer has several very optimistic auctions for FJ60 parts....like $750 for a steering wheel....$4500 for a used engine, 4 speed, and T case.... $1250 for a clean dash - might be sorta in the ball park. Seller is in Vermont.

1574712167492.png

This dreamer pops back up in a new location with a lower price I think. Maybe for $2000.

1583873150199.png

1583872969069.png

1583873027358.png

I think anyone might be a dreamer trying to sell their mostly impractical Land Cruiser right now. But man, gas sure is cheap right now.

I think anyone might be a dreamer trying to sell their mostly impractical Land Cruiser right now. But man, gas sure is cheap right now.

Yeah you would think so....but i still look at Bringatrailer and it seems to be going strong. But the people bidding are likely in a financial strength position that most of us are not. I suppose auto transport is the only option at this point....there are still some domestic flights running but a long distance fly and drive might mean sleeping in the car because so many services have closed.

Yeah you would think so....but i still look at Bringatrailer and it seems to be going strong. But the people bidding are likely in a financial strength position that most of us are not. I suppose auto transport is the only option at this point....there are still some domestic flights running but a long distance fly and drive might mean sleeping in the car because so many services have closed.

I really can't see the market sustaining ridiculous prices much longer....but who knows!

Did ll that work to replace the chassis but then the body is a roach coach. Its like a frame off restoration minus the restoration
The entire listing is a joke......
The body 7 out of 10?? Really on what planet?
Then the frame, its from Cruiser Parts so we all know of the questionable quality at times. Yup it was painted with some glossy black paint, but what about the inside of the frame where all the rust actually emanates from.

LOVE IT!! Perhaps they were smoking a ton of the legal pot in Colorado??

Only if the truck is literally filled with said legal pot would that price be justified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom