DJWUZJ Build out thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's a shame they couldn't have hit about 8" lower!

I've been down and out for 6 months now since I dislocated my knee, but recently have been able to get back to some things on the truck.

Over the summer, I picked up a BIOR rear bumper with swing out, and had Ryan from OTRAMM install it.
image.jpg

You can probably see from the photo that the *almost* 1" of rake evaporated. This was on OME 866's + 15mm spacers, and Fox 2.0's.

I was lucky to pick up the Fox's in a trade from another lucky winner at HIH 3. Good move since I broke a Bilstein at the shaft threads on Black Bear the next day.

For the last 15k miles, it's been a plush ride, but quickly felt like a 1980 Cadillac with original shocks as it listed down the highway.

This spring I upgraded to 295/70r18 Toyo AT2 xtremes, and immediately wanted to get it a little higher, but also add rear travel. About this time a shock legnth thread popped up, when the new Icons came out. I wanted to give the Icons a try after others posted their extended legnth over the Fox (about 2.5")

MetalTech had a nice cyber Monday sale where I picked up the Icon VS series (non-resi).

Seeing is believing.
image.jpg

While mated with the 864's the ride has been good. Feels good upon acceleration, cornering, braking, and going over bumps. Bumps do feel a little sharper (thanks to 864s) but they don't feel like a dead blow they way they did with the Fox's. I also say the 866's played into this since they were at the high end of their "progression."

Finished off today with a "theft deterrent" (note: not anti-theft) pin on my hi-lift now that she can handle a little extra weight.
image.jpg image.jpg

In all, she is sitting at about 23.25" center hub to fender in the rear. I expect a little settling, but good by me.

Icons have been great. I'm only running them in the rear, and while paired with 864's, its been awesome.

Just did a 700 mile trip up to NY and back, and was very happy. Part of this is I'm sure due to the jump to 864's at the same time, but really looking forward to seeing how she performs on the trail with the extra couple inches of extension.

Still have a ways to go before I can get back out as my knee is still healing/unstable, but may try to do an easy run later this spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom